Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #1

Rose Monday

Hi all! Very overcast here today although it should be sunny according to the little weather icon on my computer.

I have been to the GP this morning about my "rash". I'd taken some photos yesterday when my arms flared up and this worked very well as she could see exactly what I was talking about. This flare up - red and itchy comes up in response to any drop in temperature it seems, wind, water, etc. but can come up and be gone again in an hour. So, different antihistamines and an emollient lotion. If there is no change in a fortnight, she will refer me to a dermatologist.

Then OH and I went to Home Base to buy a new curtain pole for the front door and some draught excluder for the sitting room windows.

We've had lunch and I have some work this afternoon, so will pop back around tea time!

Wasn't it horrid how early it got late yesterday? Try telling a wee doggie that it's not his supper time yet!

Have a good day peeps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #2

Re: Rose Monday

Hi, Angie, those to follow. Sunny here now as it's about 10:30 am , and a bit warmer: 7℃ ( 44℉). Clouds coming by afternoon then overnight rain. All's quiet, just downstairs to pay the rent and pick grass, then to the greenhouse to check on my plants. Such an exciting life!

I hope the meds will help with that strange rash and that you can avoid a trip to the dermatologist. That was good thinking about the pic! I wager Monty won't complain come Spring changeover and his din-din comes early!

Stay warm, dry and happy, people!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #3

Hellooo. Our 2nd halloween party finds me half gothed-up and just the other half to complete - the hair!

Need to get the boys dressed up - Sebi's easy as he has a ghoul mask, but Dominik is a vampire and requires me to address the make up for him. Friday's make up was quite successful, very under played but quite unnerving as he scared a couple of the very small kids at that party . . . ooops

We have my 6 year old step-grandson staying at the moment as his Mum's in and out of hospital due to having problems in late pregnancy so need to dig out an old costume for him - I think he'll be a skeleton!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #4

Hi, Yola! Sounds like fun and games at your house. Pics would be nice, haven't seen the boys in quite a bit. How's Fifi?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
31-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #5

Hey all!

Sorry to hear about the rash Angie!

Is it Really Monday again???

I did an hours work today, and then had a friend round for the afternoon. Quite sleepy now...

I don't remember Cloud fussing too much about teatime, but she definitely thought I was late about breakfast this morning. It got to the sit at the food bowl and cry thing, but by that stage it was close enough to breakfast time anyway, so...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #6

Hello everyone, i'm back again.
Angie sorry to hear about the rash, hope you get some answers soon.
Eileen, what plants are you growing ?
Yola, hope you and the boys have a spooky time, Whoooooooooo !!!!!!!!
Katy, hope you had a nice afternoon with your friend.
We had a great time in Scotland with mixed weather of course, we enjoyed nearly every minute realy. The first weekend was quite rainy and a few times the sea was realy rough and dramatic to watch, it was nice to be snug in the caravan listening to the rain and watching the sea. Great excuse to read books and watch DVDs.
We had some lovely beach walks too with the dogs and all took up a new pastime of painting beach stones.
In Stranraer there is an animal charity shop that looks as if it doesn't get many donations, we took lots of bric a brac up for them, in the animal charity shop in Newton Stewart i was luck enough to find a lovely vintage Teddy bear.
Kwame has been a bit brattish whilst we have been away (just for a change ) He has taken to growling at us whilst sleeping or dozing on the settees and so we have been making him get down and stay in his basket, this isn't a rare problem with Basenjis but still not acceptable. It's quite funny realy as he also growls when Howard tells him he's a good boy :O
We got a lovely greeting from Jerry, he's sat beside me now. He's so lovely and never punishes us for going away

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
31-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #7

evening all! absolutely pee-ing it down over here! was nicer earlier but its been raining heavy for hours! had about 30 bags of treats made up for the halloweeners, its all gone already! so sitting here hoping no-one else chaps the door!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
31-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #8

evening everyone, not long in from work. OH picked me up and gave me a lovely bunch of flowers and a beautiful vase to put them in. Feel rather spoiled today.

Not had any trick or treaters at my door yet

Hope you all have a nice night x