Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #1

Sunflower Saturday

Hi all, from a cold gloomy Washington. A very unusual early snowstorm is here, in the City it's just a cold all day rain, but North and West they're getting snow, as much as 6 inches in some areas. Almost 10:45 AM and it's only 3℃ (37℉),quite a difference from the temps lately. NOT my weather, couldn't go out to pick Leia's grass So an indoors day, papers, crossword and computer.

Hope all are well and enjoying the weekend....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
29-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #2

Re: Sunflower Saturday

Hi Eileen, those to come...

Sorry to here about the inclement weather Eileen...

Over here, quietish day so far, will soon 'heat up' though. Cloud sleeping on my lap for the moment, but she'll hve to get up in the next half hour as I've a family do to go to, and will thus be heading to parents for 5...

Not sure I'm looking to going to a hotel for a meal with almost 40 other people, but... At least I do know most of them!!!

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #3

Hi Eileen, Squirrel. I had heard about the snowstorm that was expected in your area Eileen - it was last night on our weather report. I said at the time to my OH "Oh no, poor Eileen!" Rotten to get snow so very early, glad you are safe and warm and don't have to worry about your boiler this year - someone else's problem!

Good day here, laundry and housework. Pip definitely has taken to the do'nut bed, so I will be ordering a new one for Kizzy - can't have her left out, especially as it was HER'S to start with.

Last night's soup turned into fish, so it's broccoli soup tonight with a little bit of Stilton and crusty bread.

Hope you enjoy your meal out Squirrel - I know what you mean, but as you say you know most of the people it shouldn't be so bad.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #4

Eileen, you can read our BBC News report of the snow approaching your east coast, here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15502380

Catsey Veteran

29-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #5

Thanks, Mags, always interesting to read your news from another country's slant. Quite unusual for snow this early; a lot of little kids may ne trick-or-treating Monday in snow boots if it stays cold enough that it doesn't melt!

Just the same old cold rain now; yes, it's lovely not to fret about the boiler, the possibility of another roof leak and shoveling the sidewalk!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
29-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #6

evening everyone,

Eileen, hope you dont get affected by the bad weather heading your way
Squirrel, i hope you enjoy your family get togetherAngie, glad to hear you had a productive day. Poor Kizzy, Pip stealing her bed.

We went out looking for the plug in air fresheners but with no luck. That kinda started off our day as i wanted to get a specific type of guppy fish but want male and female but couldnt get them so off to another few shops tomorrow to hopefully get them. Sitting relaxing tonight with OH and the monsters.

Hope you all have a good night

Catsey Veteran

29-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #7

It's hovering right around 0℃ now so the rain is now heavy wet snowflakes; not sticking as the ground is too warm. It's odd to look out the window and see snowflakes swirling around the tree in full Autumn orange .....

Catsey Veteran

29-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #8

If the ground weren't still warm I'd be worried at this storm: it's been snowing like mad for over 2 hours, starting to stick on the roof of the house across the way. I've tried to take pics, but my little Nikon can't capture the falling snow. I suppose there may be a setting in the menu, but have no real idea what to look for. Pity, because the contrast between the heavy snow and the trees in Autumn foliage is striking.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
29-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #9

hope your ok eileen and that teh snow doesnt last where you are xx

Catsey Veteran

29-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #10

Thanks, Pamela, I'm fine; sitting up on the 5th floor sipping a wine and looking at the snow falling and haven't a worry in the world!