Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #11

Re: Daisy Thursday

I couldn't find an online breed weight table , maybe using the wrong search terms? She's gorgeous but doesn't look like BSH to me ....and 4.8 average??? That's skin-and-bones IMO!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
27-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #12

4.8 is weeny! ..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
27-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #13

Maybe I'm getting confused then! Will go look see if I can find what I was looking at...

Cloud just jumped into the cat carrier again!!! Seems she's not fussed about going in it then! Maybe cause it represents safety when she's in the scary vets place!

OK, hopefully this will work... they've not said what units the weights are in, unhelpfully enough, but... http://www.petsgetslim.co.uk/site-me...at_weights.pdf

OK, found it... Sorry - we're talking KG not LBs!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #14

I wouldn't say 5lbs was overweight either, that's only 2.2kg.

You can compare cat breeds and their standard weights here:

http://cat-breeds.findthebest.com/

Catsey Veteran

27-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #15

Um.... Yeah, turns out I was getting confused between Lbs and Kg!!!

Think I'll blame that on all the different weight systems there are - what with measuring human body weight in stones over here, I then apparently figured that we must weigh our cats in Lbs!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
Um.... Yeah, turns out I was getting confused between Lbs and Kg!!!

Think I'll blame that on all the different weight systems there are - what with measuring human body weight in stones over here, I then apparently figured that we must weigh our cats in Lbs!!!
I get confused as I measure on the ground in metres and can pace distances in metres because of my training as an archaeologist but I measure my heigh in feet and inches. Longer distances are miles but I measure my running in KMs.....

I started school before decimilisation (sp??) but one day the foot ruler changed to a metre rule and I've been confused ever since!

Hi everyone btw.....

Catsey Veteran

27-10-2011, 08:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
Maybe I'm getting confused then! Will go look see if I can find what I was looking at...

Cloud just jumped into the cat carrier again!!! Seems she's not fussed about going in it then! Maybe cause it represents safety when she's in the scary vets place!

OK, hopefully this will work... they've not said what units the weights are in, unhelpfully enough, but... http://www.petsgetslim.co.uk/site-me...at_weights.pdf

OK, found it... Sorry - we're talking KG not LBs!!!
Oh, that does make a difference, do you know what that is in pounds? I don't know metric at all.

Catsey Veteran

27-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #18

I can follow that...

Strangely, I was taught metres at school right the way through (decimalisation apparently btw!), but despite remembering one lesson on height in metres, ever since I've been an adult my height has always been given to me in feet/inches - so don't ask me my height in metres, I've no clue! If someone needs to know, I can tell them in feet and inches no bother though! And I vaguely understand inches etc too, cause my Dad uses them, and I occasionally help him out...

Catsey Veteran

27-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh, that does make a difference, do you know what that is in pounds? I don't know metric at all.
According to a converter I just checked, 5kg is about 11lbs, and she's more than that (didn't bother to remember the .? bit I'm afraid, didn't think that I'd have much chance of it!) but how much more I don't know. She's not as much as 13lbs though, cause that's about 6kg.

Catsey Veteran

27-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #20

Leia's 11 pounds ... she sounds much thinner in KG!