Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #1

Daisy Thursday

Morning everyone, up early to get the bus to work this morning so thought i would start the daily as i havent done it in a while. NOt really got an exciting day planned, just work then home to relax and give my monsters some cuddles.

Hope you all have a good day xx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
27-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #2

Re: Daisy Thursday

Hi Pamela81
Quite mild here but very wet. Saw a naughty heron at daybreak on the neighbour's roof, such prehistoric looking birds! I hope it hasn't been ransacking my newly cleared pond for the frogs now the duckweed has gone!! I'll check on them this afty after work, they're usually there surveying their 'patch' and peeking out of the water, bless em.
My (long-term now) lodger (fancy pigeon)'s getting quite attached to his roosting box I made for him, he frequently goes back to the box alot during the day and sometimes is still there in the afternoon when I get up on the ladder to clean him out and feed him, dear boy.

Raining here, want to change the sheets but it's going to have to wait until the furrkids have had their post breki snooze, which could be all day..!

Have a productive day, ..to all who follow!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
27-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #3

Hi Pamela, Truth...

Quietish day here today - I think! work 9:30-3 by the looks of things, no way will get there for 9 now, seeing am not dressed!!! But I worked 3 extra hours yesterday, so half hour later than planned today will not hurt me! Thank goodness for Flexi!

Otherwise, well, wee one has her vet check up, and then we get the evening in - and more or less off work til Tues. I say 'more or less' cause I've agreed to go on a visit to another office, where we'll see the new way of working that the different set up brings... We're expecting to move our base in the next 9 or so months - either by the end of March, or by the end of May/June, so it's worthwhile seeing how it has worked in other places. Will get the time back - and colleague I'm going with will pick me up, so I won't have to go into the office either!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #4

Morning all! Grey and wet here too today. OH is out with Monty, Kizzy is asleep in her do'nut bed, Pip I think is out and I am about to go and clear up in the kitchen and then I've got some office work to do.

I hope Cloud's visit to the vet goes well, Squirrel.

Have a good day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

27-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #5

Thanks Angie... I came home early in the end as I just seem to keep on realising that there are other places I'm going to have to do more over time, and I didn't have work for doing!

Hope your office work went well, and that master monty was good when he got back from his walk!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #6

Hi all. Gloomy with a light drizzle, the rain proper is mostly over. The coming cold front isn't here yet: around 10:30 A M and 15℃ (58℉), no wind. My grocery delivery was almost an hour early! Nice to have that over with; everything put away. Leia helped by sitting in the bags till they got emptied ...such a thoughtful girl to keep things guarded! No news, all's quiet.

Hope Cloud's visit goes well. Truth, hope the frogs are OK, but with that heron about, I wonder ....... Angie, nice that Kizzy's enjoying the restored bed! Hi Pamela!

The weekend nears...

Catsey Veteran

27-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #7

Hi all... We're back!

Poor Cloud... any unusual environment and it's 'I'd rather stay in my cat carrier thank you!!! So after meowing to get out while we were in the car, she was very quiet in the vets, and when we were in the treatment room I had to take her out - twice!!!

So - after listening to her breathing for a bit the vet said that it seemed likely she had a throat infection, because that was the area her breathing was noisy in - so a fortnights worth of antib's via injection, plus an anti-inflammatory the same way. She struggled quite a bit to get free of nasty injections, hissed a bit, and even nibbled my hand a little (no worse than an 'I love you' nip) during that time, so she obviously Was Not Keen! But over all, a very good girl.

I need to keep her weight down a bit, seeing she's now over 5lb's. I guess that treat ball is required then!!! Just as well she is eating from it now in that case!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #8

Oh poor little girl, a vet trip is such an ordeal for them! Leia has to go soon for blood work. Is she that small a cat... hard to tell from pics, but five pounds is a lightweight to me! My smallest was Dandy the Singapura, a small breed, and he was 8 pounds, not fat.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
27-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #9

Home now and waterproofs dumped in bath! I'll be needing a whiskey later to warm me up and celebrate the weekend!..well nearly!

Angie your message made me smile, dear Kizzy, our furrkids and all their quirks are funny..Dandysmom, fortunately I get up before daybreak most days so I'm there to check on the pond, heron's hunting time here seems to be daybreak when there's no overhead reflection on the water, also we seem to have a visit late afternoon. The roped posts around the pond are meant to deter the heron because they need to get their big feet up the water's edge before they strike.. so far this simple method seems to have worked, I am rather protective and fond of the animals who chose to live with me...Squirrel, not enough hours in the day, and days in the week? Oh to go back to the Gregorian calendar!!

Edit: Poor Cloud, dear traumatised lady, give her gently hugs from me for being such a brave girl despite being scared stiff!

Had a bit of good news today, a lady living near me had lost her cat since last thursday. I rang her up last night as there is a cat near me who we thought it might be..it wasn't but I was sad for her and her lost boy and prayed he might come home soon. She rang me and said it came home this morning!! She has eight cats but it was very obvious on speaking to her that she, a 78 year old lovely lady, was going through hell wondering where he was. He was crying and telling her all about it as he wandered in the door, I told her to check him all over and shut him in for now and I'm going to call her now for an update, hopefully no harm done and he'll get over his ordeal. Sorry for long post!

Catsey Veteran

27-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #10

Eileen...

Hard to tell! She's larger than at least one of her litter mates - though some of that's just fluff (and the fact she's an indoor cat completely, while he spends most of his days running around outside, even in the rain, silly boy!!!)! I think they have her down as BSH - don't ask me why, think the person taking her details over the phone suggested that's what she was, and I guessed they would know!!! She's moggy, in that I've no idea what Mum was and Dad was some random Mum met on the street!!! Looking at an online breed weight thing she'd probably be average build for BSH, but in the 'overweight' category (with 4.8 being average).

So yes... just to confuse matters...