Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #1

Pelargonium Wednesday

Hi all ......... yes, a few scented pelargoniums still bravely flowering. Heavy rain showers today. OH has put his waterproof trousies on and taken Monty out. I have found a do'nut type catbed that's been tucked away in the airing cupboard all summer and just about 5 mins ago put it under my desk here in the study. Someone is already practising butter making on the cushy sides ......... my handsome long suffering Pip!

Loads of transcription work today, so must get on. Haven't had much work at all for a month or so, so it's good to have something to do that brings in a few pennies.

I am looking forward to the Quiz this evening and hope to see you there.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
26-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #2

Re: Pelargonium Wednesday

Hi
Iceberg roses still flowering here although I really should cut them back to give them a good rest for the spring.. Angie why is it that cat's always love things that have recently been salvaged out of the cupboard..any new cushion or material seems to bring on patty-cake making c/w high pitched and energetic purring. Plus any item of my clothing left around gets immediately 'claimed' as their bed for the day! I bought a donut bed for Mitzi once, she used it few times, then lost interest finding the old grocery box mum had just bought in far more interesting. Funny sausage..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #3

Hi Angie, Truth! Right now it's a lovely morning here; nearing 10:30 am: 15℃ (59℉) and sunny, clouds predicted for later, then rain overnight. Apparently I'm getting known as the woman who picks grass for her cat: a lady I never remember seeing before smiled as I was coming thru the lobby and asked if I'd been out picking grass!! I think that's sort of funny!

Leia never used the old donut bed, so I left it behind when I moved. I wonder what's blooming still at my old house, we've had no frost here yet. The New Guinea impatiens planted outside the building are in bloom still. Looking forward to the quiz tonight, hope to see a good crowd.

See ya later!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #4

There's a funny cat story associated with the do'nut bed.

Catsey Veteran

26-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #5

Share, please, Angie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #6

Hello! It's 1/2 term so boys are at holiday care for 4 days and I'm busy at work; their /12 term is unusual in that it runs for 7 days, so Friday and Monday we have halloween parties and Tuesday the boys are having a riding lesson.

Anyway, I digress. As I left this morning, Myshka was lying on his back on the dining room table under the pendant lamp warming his ample belly . . . we all had a laugh as it was the typical 'leg in each corner' position. I was hoping to get down to the gym here at the office before heading off to collect the little ones but as time is getting on now I don't expect I'll be able to . . . better eat another packet of crisps then

Tonight I will be nailing Dominik to the piano stool to get him to practice and trying to prepare 2 separate dinners whilst reading with Sebi - nothing new there then!

Eileen - what's happening with your old place - are you selling it now you've downsized?

Catsey Veteran

26-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #7

Hi, Yola, good to hear from you! How's Fifi? It sounds as hectic as ever at your house......I sold the house before I moved here to the retirement complex. Actually I don't miss the house itself especially( the stairs!) but I really miss my garden......

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
26-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #8

I do sympathise with you dandysmom, I'd be lost without my garden, it's where I go to think, and feel the changes of the seasons in the air. In the summer I like to just sit and listen and watch for any wildlife; toads, frogs, foxes, or the odd badger. Hedgehogs I'm afraid are rarely seen these days but I used to see several of them a night scurrying through the garden on their nightly foraging expeditions.
On a plus note for you, gardens can be a lot of work and take up an awful amount of time, most weekends.

Is there any way you can get your 'green fingered fix' in and around the area where you live? For example my local council granted me space to plant a tree near where I live as long as I cared for it for it's life, it's doing fine on it's own, but just being alble to feel that it's 'your' tree and caring for it can be rewarding and quite heartwarming in itself..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
26-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #9

Hi all...

So, I got back from work at about 6:20, and fed madam pretty well at once. She's been crying for attention (she will get some, maybe not at once though!!!) and has not long got off my feet, having given it up as a bad job... Thank goodness I go back to more reasonable hours tomorrow! And off Friday. I am putting another hour or so in on my day off tomorrow, but will claim the time back on flexi...

Not much else to report here - Eileen, that story about the grass was lovely.

Have a good rest of the day all!

Right - time to go check on my oven I think - cya!