Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #1

Penstemon Tuesday

Just about the only flower left in my garden, although some plants are trying to re-shoot, like the Echinacea, but it's only a matter of time ....... a friend of mine does not like Penstemons, but I do, good colour range and good do-ers!

Hi everyone. Was quite bright and warm earlier, but we've had a couple of heavy showers and the temperature has dropped. Both Kizzy and Pip had to be dried off when they came in soaked. Monty is in the dog-house - he shot off through the open front door and legged it down the bridlepath, across the road and was about to run off over the field but had veered off onto a path he didn't know and turned around. Little Git. Third time he's done that. This time, he had been safe in the sitting room whilst OH got his golf things into the car, I went out to shake his crate mat not realising that OH had let him out .............. I get frightened because there's no way I could catch him. Always on a Tuesday too.

Just about recovered now.

Training this evening, I guess Monty must get vibes about (a) his daddy going out without him and/or (b) training evening ................ and decide it's too much.

Give me cats ANY DAY - they are no problem at all. Sorry, rant over.

Have a good day peeps - keep dry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #2

Re: Penstemon Tuesday

Afternoon Angie and those to follow.

I am back at work tonight so bits to do,taking a few minutes for here.

Angie does he not come back when you call him? I wonder if to him it is forbidden fruit, maybe you should let him out the front under control on a long lead or something and just get him to potter. I assume there is no way to put a gate on the front or keep the front door entrance closed off from the drive?

Anyhow keeps life interesting I wonder if he follows the scent of the cats? I often found if the dogs wandered out they almsot always went the way Oscar always went.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #3

Afternoon all, its been a thoroughly miserable dog walking day here. Dark all day, very wet and extreme winds. Got soaked to the skin, having a quick brew then off to have a hot shower. Thank god we put a roof on the container in the field, we now take flasks of boiling water, so we can take shelter and have a cup a soup or something.
We have now planted lavender and rosemary at both sides of the gate, as that's where we have our poop bin. We hope to plant things like that around the perimeter of the field in the future.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #4

Hi Angie, Kazz, Elaine, those to follow. Over here it's a lovely Autumn morning: brilliant sun and mildish for this time of year: 15℃ (56℉) nearing 11 a m. Sat out front on one of the benches in the sun opening mail before I got the grass; had dropped off a donation book at the library earlier. That's my exciting day so far!

I'm not fond of penstemons either, Angie; nor of naughty little dogs. That must have given you a real turn! What does your forum say about separation anxiety? Elaine, like the idea of the rosemary and lavender. Kazz, that's a likely idea about the scent trail!

Hope the rest of the day goes well .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
25-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #5

Hi all...

So sorry to hear about Monty being a silly boy Angie... *hugs*

As for that wet weather Elaine - YUCK!!!

Over here... Not long back in from work. Cloud fed, I still need to get something. Not much else to report on...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
25-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #6

evening everyone, not long in from work and OH had made my dinner for me coming in, feel soo spoiled!!! Had a pretty decent day at work today. My floor manager was telling my team manager that she was impressed with the way i ran the team last week so im well chuffed as it means it will make it slightly easier for me to progress within the company

Angie, hope training goes well
Kazz, hope work doesnt keep you too long tonight
Eileen, hope you had a nice day sitting out
Squirrel, enjoy your dinner x
Elaine, hope you enjoy your cup of tea and that it heated you up

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #7

That's great Pamela- it's good when a manager gives credit where it's due.
Hope Monty is behaving Angie and hope you have dried out Elaine. Hi everyone else.
An office day for me followed by the first treamill run of the winter- sigh. I've managed to run outside until now but it would have been too dark tonight so it's back to the gym. Any recommendations for good audio books gratefully recieved!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
25-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #8

Hi all
Managed to dodge the heavy showers walking my house guest in the woods today, (I was lucky there!), his dad has cancer and needs a break so gorgeous big softie retriever's got me for company until tomorrow. Picked up Mitzi's blood results to study...1st day today upping her meds so I'm monitoring her carefully, seems ok so far, could be my imagination but her fur seems softer already..Fingers X'd. Cat's staff I have a small tv mounted on the wall with headphones so can I watch TV while I exercise and find the time flies. It doesn't make up for the lack of fresh air and scenery I know but.. Audibooks I can't comment on, sorry, perhaps someone else can suggest a good listen. Perhaps a ghost story one, only don't listen to it on Halloween..!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
25-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #9

Well done Pamela!

My meal? Wasn't anything fancy - just some 'bubble and squeak' picked up for trying from Sainsburys (probably not again!) beans and cold meat... But it did what it needed to.

Truth - Hope Mitzi feels the benefits of the higher meds...

Have a good evening/night/day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #10

Hi again - just catching up with the rest of yesterday! I think you are definitely on to something Kazz - forbidden fruit, although I can't tell if the cats go across the road (heartstopping thought) and over into the fields. Kizzy, I am sure sticks nearer home and I know Pip frequents neighbours on our side of the road. Monty is 8 months old this coming Friday and I think he's coming into adolescence. He was reasonably behaved at training yesterday evening, but will he sit? No. He's always been really good with this command and something has told him that he doesn't have to do what he's told. As to running off, he's fine when he's off lead on a legitimate walk but if he's escaped, well he acts like an escapee. As I said before Little Git.