Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #1

Spotify

I need a bit of help. I didn't know what I was doing when this was downloaded, and didn't set up a playlist. I just picked the artists/songs I wanted, and have 86 tracks now in the Library: also in the Starred section. How do I get them into a Playlist?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #2

Re: Spotify

Hi Eileen - sorry, haven't been on Spotify for a while so just loaded it to see if I could spot the playlist button and yes, it's there - well on my PC anyway, last item on the left handside menu - in a lighter font showing "+ new playlist". Hope that helps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
08-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #3

My spotify died months ago so can't help you DM

Catsey Veteran

08-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #4

Yes, I see the New Playlist button, but when I've clicked on it nothing happens!! How do you get it to open?

Catsey Veteran

08-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #5

Don't know - not used it!

Catsey Veteran

08-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #6

Eeeek! The Help section is no good! I posted this on OFF with no luck either.

Angie, if not in a playlist, where are your songs? In Library or Starred?

How is Pip?

Catsey Veteran

08-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #7

OK - confession time - what I have always done is just search on the artist I want to listen to and then select the album ....... if it is a favourite, it gets starred and so I play the star list if I want the best of the best of my sounds! However, now here in UK you can only play something 5 times, I am afraid I've not used anything since ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
08-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #8

If you click on the song and drag it over to your playlist it should add it to your playlist, thats how i add my songs and had no probs doing it. Hope that helps

Catsey Veteran

08-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
OK - confession time - what I have always done is just search on the artist I want to listen to and then select the album ....... if it is a favourite, it gets starred and so I play the star list if I want the best of the best of my sounds! However, now here in UK you can only play something 5 times, I am afraid I've not used anything since ......
That's what I've been doing too, Angie ... I have 86 tracks in the Starred list (also Library), but I don't know how to get them in a Playlist, as that never will open! Guess I'll just have to keep doing what I've been doing. But that 5 times apparently doesn't apply here ... yet!! If it does, guess I'll have to upgrade to the $4.99 a month, as I love it... my own personal radio station playing just what I like!

Is Pandora available in the UK? I think I'll get Chris to download that also, I can use it for my classical favorites. Spotify is all oldies and pop. Pamela, thanks, but Playlist won't open ........

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #10

Eileen, click on 'New Playlist' to highlight it, type in what ever you want to name the playlist (eg 50s, 60s, 70s or other) then hit enter.

When you want to save a track, left click on it to highlight and drag it onto the new playlist you have made.