Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
25-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #61

Re: 1 year old baby with kidney failure :'(

Wow!

OUCH on the price! And I can well believe you'll want the insurance after that experience, but WOW! You obviously have such a different feeling after talking with this vet. Just far more positive, and actually being able to trust what she's saying.

Here's hoping that the results this time are able to give you a confirmed diagnosis, and some actual understanding of what's going on with your wee boy.

Thanks for the update Sarah.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #62

I am so sorry about the cost, I know how hard these things can be financially, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
I am very pleased that the new vet is much more on the ball and actually giving you the info and explanations that you need in order to move forward.
Depending on the results, you may want to contact the RCVS and complain about the previous vet's conduct.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #63

Brilliant news for Charlie, your poor credit card, but what can you do.
I'm so pleased your new vet is much better and on the ball.
We too are trying out a new vet with the dogs and so far so good. I like what i see and hear about him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-03-2011, 02:09 AM   #64

It is a pricey business. The kittens are with Pet Plan life policys

It helps when you have a vet you are confident with, the vets we are with now have done a lot for Katie and taken time out to explain things

Hope you get results from the tests that the vet can work with

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
26-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #65

OH MY GOODNESS I have the best BEST news ever!!

Well, as I explained yesterday, the new vet was wonderful, she explained everything she was doing and talked to me loads about ARF and CRF, kidney infections, kidney disease, etc etc etc.

The vet phoned me about an hour later, totally and utterly baffled. Urine = normal, white blood cell count = normal, kidney values = normal limits, urea = normal, creatinine = normal, blood = normal..... basically = normal 1 year old cat!!!!!

She spent a good 10 minutes on the phone with me explaining how confused and puzzling this seems and that in all her years of practicing as a vet, never has she seen a cat in ACF pull through without aggressive intervention. She said of course it is possible that Charlie has had a trauma to the kidneys which caused an infection, but she said that does not explain the blood and urine test results last time as she said the results last time meant he already had 75% kidney failure. She said that from what I described about him being a perfectly normal cat one minute then half hour later how he was sounded like a typical ACF case, but how he has managed to pull through is, well quite a miracle!!

So, Charlie has been taken immediately off all medication and we are watching very closely how he gets on for the next few days without medication... she did warn me that there is a possibility of relapse, in which case I should get him in immediately, but she said she can't see it happening. She wants to see him again in a week to monitor and check him, but she said there is absolutely no reason why Charlie can not be treated as a normal 1 year old now and to let him go out, etc, as normal.

He is back to his normal bouncy adorable self.

I just can't believe it, I am totally and utterly ecstatic as you can imagine!

I want to take this moment to thank you all SO SO VERY MUCH for all your help throughout this dreadful past week, you have all been wonderful, and Elaine you have been amazingly kind taking the time to even talk to me on the phone, THANK YOU xxx

I will update this and let you know how Charlie goes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
26-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #66

Fabulous news - I am so happy for you.

How strange though - but great result

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
26-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #67

Wow! What an unexpected, and amazing result!

So pleased to hear that he seems to be back to normal now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #68

Best news ever. So very very pleased. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #69

That's amazing ........ I am very relieved for you and especially for Charlie. May we have a photo of the brave little guy in celebration please?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
26-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #70

I'd say Charlie is a very very special little boy

I am over the moon for you both, I trully am. Blood test results dont get any better than that. Wonderful news, now squish that little boys paws for me please and give him a big cuddle.