Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #1

I guess I'm just an old fogey now!

We all watched The Boat That Rocked during the week. A Richard Curtis film that I'd wanted to see for quite a while. What a great film - especially as I remember the times quite well - especially being gathering around the "transistor radio" to listen to the pirate stations. Brought back some very clearly focussed memories.

Now listening to Leonard Cohen on Spotify but somehow it doesn't sound quite as depressing as it once did. Saw Leonard in concert in 70's at The Dome in Brighton. He seemed genuinely surprised that everyone knew the words ...... and I can still remember them!

There certainly is something about learning words/music together.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
29-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #2

Re: I guess I'm just an old fogey now!

I wouldn't say you were an old fogey, I would just say that you know how to appreciate music. I totally agree with what you say about the words and the music.

The Boat that Rocked is a great movie!