Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-04-2010, 10:41 AM   #1

New Dr. Who - anyone?

Well, what do people think????

Of course I miss David Tenant - and don't fancy this new chap at all, but is he a good "Dr."? Perhaps because I've seen all the Drs from the beginning I actually think he's OK. He has stamped his mark I think, which must be difficult.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #2

Re: New Dr. Who - anyone?

I think this new Dr is still retaining some of the old Dr characteristics - and I think this is deliberate on the part of the writers/character creators.

After all, he's regenerated physically but I suspect in order to ease the transition for viewers he will develop his character more slowly.

I actually found him better than I thought he'd be - a very interesting and not immediately obviously attractive face but I suspect this doctor will have hidden depths.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
06-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #3

well, I watched it determined not to like him, after all he wasn't 'my' David lol! But I have the feeling he is going to grow on me. Hubby likes him 'cause he reminds him of the old doctors (nothing to do with Amy Pond in a mini skirt then dear ) and i thought the opening episode was very well done, although fish fingers and custard did leave me feeling a bit sick . All in all, I am now looking forward to the new series more than I thought i would

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
06-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #4

I enjoyed it I didn't think I would like him but I think he is a good doctor. I didn't like David Tenant at first but after the first episode I loved him.
Eww I no why eat fish fingers and custard

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
06-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #5

I think he was very good, certainly much better than I had expected!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
07-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #6

Hated David Tennant and only seen this guy being interiewed... I suppose it takes time for people to take to a new actor.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Hated David Tennant and only seen this guy being interiewed... I suppose it takes time for people to take to a new actor.
Do you know, so did I - for ages! Then as Dominik watched Dr Who on iPlayer and on the repeats so often he began to grow on me. I still don't find him that attractive but he has quite an interesting face (when he's not mugging horribly) and he did make a perfect Dr.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #8

Weeeeellll - first New Dr. series has now ended. What do you think? Matt Smith as the Dr. has grown on me because he is so eccentric looking and has such a characterful/old-young face. I am totally confused however by the ending.

Is that River woman a real baddie do you think??????

(After all, only one more regeneration to go ................)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #9

I still prefer DT by a long shot, however I think Matt Smith has done a very good job and has played the Doctor very well! There have been some very good episodes this series and River Song intrigues me, as you say angie, I can't make up my mind whether she is a baddie or not, but I'm loving the interaction between her and the Doc. Nice to see Amy and Rory finally made their wedding , and looking forward to the Christmas special now .