Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #1

Extreme parenting....on now

This looks like it is going to be good I like Jo Frost the woman from Supernanny.And now she is just Jo Frost Extreme parenting.....Just started Channel4. Looks like its going to be interesting if a little confrontational between parents/Jo/children.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #2

Re: Extreme parenting....on now

The need for programmes like this makes me wonder if it is society’s way of trying to correct the fact that most families are now single units....not multi layered age groups as it used to be and families are separated by distance, time and life styles.I ask as my nephews and nieces all have interaction with grandparents, cousins, uncles, aunts ( ) Etc etc and time spent with them. The number of their friends who have never been to a theatre, meal out (apart from MacDonald’s) or have time spent writing, reading, doing puzzles games or merely cooking/baking, let alone sitting down to a meal - with family is frightening. What has happened to the family values, when did Children take over....and is this how we get the so called "feral" children.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
16-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #3

A very good question Karen! it is such a shame that so many children are 'raised' nowadays with no moral structure, or family values, and the days of your granny or neighbour giving you a clout round the ear if you did something wrong has long gone, to afraid of the consequences now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-02-2010, 12:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
A very good question Karen! it is such a shame that so many children are 'raised' nowadays with no moral structure, or family values, and the days of your granny or neighbour giving you a clout round the ear if you did something wrong has long gone, to afraid of the consequences now!
Here here i quite agree.
I find i can't bear to watch this type of programme. I have worked with children for 30 years, some with challenging behaviour and i feel like i've had my fill