Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #1

Wednesday news

Morning everyone!

Grey and gloomy one here after overnight rain, at least it's mild though.

Nothing special planned other than day to day chores here and a supermarket stock up is called for later on.

Enjoy your day, Spring is just around the corner now...

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
25-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday news

Morning Mags!

So following yesterday morning's power cut in the entire street, last night I came home to find a fire engine outside the flat. Was getting very worried, but thankfully it wasn't as bad as I first thought. The top floor flat on the right hand side of the building was leaking a lot of water and had flooded the guys flat below. We're in the middle of the building and first floor, so seemed pretty safe. However, when I woke up this morning there were spots of damp on our ceiling and down one side of the wall in the wardrobe. The spot on the ceiling must have been leaking as OH's shoes were underneath and they were soaking. No more dripping now though. As we're 4 floors under the initial leak, and to the side of it rather than directly underneath, we should be ok. I'll nip home at lunchtime to check it hasn't spread. Spoke to landlord and just get a dehumdifier to clear it up hopefully.

The sun was out earlier but a big grey cloud is looming now. I do wish the sun would just come out and stay!

Desperate Housewives is back on Channel 4 tonight, I'm very excited! They claimed it was the end of the season when they finished in December but it had only been 8 episodes so I dont know what they're playing at. They lost a lot of viewers when they split up the last season over the summer holidays for Big Brother... Anyway mini-rant over!

Hope everyone has a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #3

Morning! Just a quick hello today as I'm not long back into the office from the herbalist. I've been feeling so down and lacklustre and stressed that I thought a visit to her might help. I have some tonic and had some magnet therapy (re-engergises you . . . and it does too), so hopefully will be able to start getting things back on track soon. Drove back cross-country along the tiny lanes and the stress levels went straight back up - give me a well-lit motorway anyday LOL!

Got lots to crack on with lots of work now . . . I see there are heaps of new posts and I hope to be able to catch up at some point!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #4

Hiya, Mags, Meep and Yola, I've been ever so tired since I got back from the States. Don't seem to have any energy, so I think I'll start to detox and drink more water and maybe book a massage etc. I'm flat out at work too, the essay I'm working on is for submission next week and thats driving me mad! never mind, I'm still California dreaming on a winters day... la-la-la

Cold and overcast here, but not really grey and gloomy, hope in my heart fo Spring soon and I'm just seeing the little daff buds peeping up at me so thats a good sign.

Lots of cards to buy later, Feb/March and April are big months for birthdays and other festivities in our house so I call it Clinton month! their profts should zoom

see you later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #5

Hi Mags, meep, Yola! Grey and overcast here, no rain - just wish this cloud cover would break. It's quite oppressive. Not cold though. OH has gone off to play golf, I'm doing bits and pieces here and looking after MIL.

So sorry about the leak meep - do hope that your OH's shoes etc are OK and nothing has been spoiled. Damp is nasty and things will probably need airing. Good that your landlord will get a dehumidifier in for you.

Also sorry to hear that you are feeling low Yola - you've had lots of poorly patches this winter and I expect your immune system needs boosting - hope the tonic and the magnets work.

Take care everyone and have a good day.

Sorry PP! Didn't ignore you on pur-puss! Posted almost at the same time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #6

Hello all - grey gloom here too, but mild and dry. I've been busy and done my dog walk and been to town to shop and make lots of appointments for next week. Hair Tuesday. mammogram Weds (lovely ) and optician Thursday. That will keep me out of mischief!
Have a pot of soup cooking - bean and veg with a bit of chorizo - quite tasty. Roll on when the lunchtime soups change to home-grown salads.
Have a good day - a bit of sunshine would cheer us all up.

Oh - meep - check nothing is damaged for insurance purposes. I think it might be as well to report the flood to your Contents insurance firm, anyway.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
25-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #7

DM - thanks for suggestion. Landlord said the company to manage the building cover building insurance. I'll check when I get home although as far as I can see it's only OH's work shoes and one beanie hat that were dripped on. The rest of the damp is on the wall. I'll check for mould stains on clothes though. It had to be the wardrobe of all places I'm precious about my clothes!

Yola sorry to hear your energy levels are low. I went through the same thing around December time, went for food intolerance testing etc. but decided I like wheat too much I'm sure you've had some great advice from herbalist but in my own experience these work well: B vitamins. Your body can't turn food into energy without enough of these. Ginseng (although avoid the extra super strong types as they apparently have been known to cause vaginal bleeding?! but Boots own brand is safe and good). Rescue remedy. A drop of chamomile oil in bath / on the pillow at night to help you sleep better. And a spoonful of Royal Jelly honey in the morning. Just from my own experience Hope you do feel better soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #8

Meep - hope you get the damp problem sorted, you really do need a dehumidifier as the plaster in the wall must be wet and could take a while to dry out. Protect those clothes at all costs!
Like elsewhere, it's grey and dull here, we need bright, sunny weather to raise our energy levels I think, either that or chocolate!
Enjoy your afternoon all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
25-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #9

Am I glad to be home or what!!! Ive had a mad busy day in work, woke at 5am and didnt have a sit down (well i did but it was only for 5 mins) and have just got in now at 3pm, not had anything to eat either (is now stuffing a chicken mayo sarnie down me)!!!

Its patchy cloud here and a tad windy.

Ive got the house to my self as my parents are at Manchester airport, they will be boarding in a few minutes.

Enjoy the rest of the day people.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #10

Hi, all! We have sun here and it's warming up a bit, 2 degrees now and will be warmer than usual for the next two days ...about time! Unusually cold Winter for us. No shopping today. I think I just have the Winter blahs, feeling mildly depressed and have less energy, which isn't me. Ah well, warmer weather and some sun should cure that!

Yola, hope you'll start feeling better soon; Meep had some good suggestions, I may check the amount of B in my daily supplement and see if I'm getting enough. And what a shame about the flat, Meep! DM: soup sounds yummy, I'm a big soup fan, don't envy you the mammogram. If guys had to have their bits squeezed, bet they'd soon come up with a less painful alternative!

Hope the clouds lift soon and the sun shines on all.