Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
21-02-2009, 10:34 AM   #1

Saturday daily

Morning - I survived the kids at the mass-sleepover, but Tiger Lilly is another story. She is in season and took ages to settle, then she was ok for a couple of hours, then from 4am, she was a nightmare, wanting cuddles and kisses & nibbling chins & noses, then shouting & shouting & more shouting, I don't know how breeders cope with cats when they are calling.... it's really driving me mad. John got up with her at 5am and took her in the kitchen to see her friend (the dog) She soon settled after that. Kids all got to sleep at 4am, although I didn't hear much from them after 12. They were up at 8am.
Today - a quick party tidy-up, a couple of CP jobs to do & then I will get all my washing done & have a bit of work {from work} to look at.
Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #2

Re: Saturday daily

Hi smudgley and everyone. I had a perfect night's sleep smudgley, sorry, but I slept like a log; glad I hung out the jetlag. Now my day is full on washing and drying and ironing. Plus our freezer packed up and its the kitchen fridge/freezer so whole new unit needed, what a bummer!
Lots of work so will not be on much today but sending love to all Catsey girls/blokes and their beloved pusses, in or out of season
have posted some pics in Travl section, will do more when uploading complete

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #3

Hi both. It's Saturday and a nice day, so Catsey is quiet.
I've been at the allotment, so I've given myself permission to come on and catch up.
I'll look at your pics next PP.
Smudgley - what a hormonal house you must have - 2 daughters and a teenage she-cat! Hope that situation resolves soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #4

Hello everyone! Lovely sunny day and warm in the sunshine. Merlin has had a little totter out to drink from the ditch (I may call it a stream, sounds nicer - the water is clean after all). He is really getting so wobbly and sort of keeps to the wall going round corners. Doesn't seem to put him off moving around though. He is still eating well and using the litter tray. His grooming has almost stopped, so I have started giving him a wash with an old face towel and some warm water. He used to love this when he was a kitten and I have always helped him out when he has been poorly or when he was wearing his lampshade. He seems to really enjoy it - walks off and comes back for more. He goes for his check up next Tuesday.

Have a good day everyone - enjoy the sun if you can.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #5

Not long back from a few hours at the beach........ clear blue sky and sunny but a chilly breeze there. Plenty of donkeys ambling up and down the beach with excited young children on their backs, even families sat on the sands building sand castles with their youngsters ........... it was so nice to see that the year is beginning to awaken!

I was amazed at the number of newborn lambs that were about in the fields, practically every ewe had a couple of offspring snuggling into them. They were a delight to see!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #6

Hi, all. Sunny and not as cold, 2 degrees now, and the wind has finally died down. I skipped the library today, enough to read thru next week, and did my Sunday shopping today as a nasty mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain is forecast for tomorrow morning. Rather not go out in that! My seeds finally came yesterday, am thinking Spring thoughts even though it's a long way off.

Have a nice day, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #7

What a beautiful day!!! Well after a brief forray into town to get my nails done it was down to the allotment to lay the shed base. I kept myself busy digging out all the rubbish from the soil (old tights, bones, lots of bits of metal, glass, plastic bottles etc etc) and the boys ambled around filling their wheelbarrow and digging/raking . . . it was brilliant

Met a few fellow-novice gardeners and also some of the mre established ones. One chap I spoke to had been there for 14 years

I feel so invigorated and happy that I'm convinced this is the best thing we've done for a long time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #8

Sounds like a great family day at the allotment, Yola! It'll be fun for the boys to watch things grow and learn where veggies, etc. come from. Will they have a tiny patch of their own where they can grow easy fast growing things like beans or sunflowers?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
21-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #9

Morning, all.
Will be running a couple of errands today shopping and juggling a new schedule with seperate play times for the boys vs. Lainey.
Sunny and mild out.
Mags, that trip sounds so nice. What a great thing to do on a beautiful day.
Off to do chores!
My list of animal related chores has just grown by one, gotta get a new routine down

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
21-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #10

Had busy farm day today. Wet and dismal so we are cold and miserable.

First lambs born, twins - boy and girl. Just waiting for another ewe to give birth, she's been trying for a wee while so will prob be born during night. Will post some pics tomorrow.

Kinsi been out again, getting v brave. Alfie been up overseeing the fencing work we done today.

Off for shower now.