Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
20-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #31

Re: Your Catsey viewing habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I always go to new posts first - generally only go to User CP when I want to send or look at PMs and usually only check to see if someone's online if I particularly want to chat to that person or know if they are likely to be about .........

Sorry to have been missing this evening - started watching Billy Connolly's journey across Canada. I do love that man.
Step away lady, he is my man!

I go to new posts and sometimes on user cp to see if I have any new rep points as I get very excited over rep points but I get more over on Dogsey, you guys are stingy.

I never check who's online!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
20-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that. Tried to give you some this morning, but coudn't ......
I think too few members on here to points too sometimes as everytime I try and give some it says I have to spread the love first but it says that for everyone as it's always the same regulars who I want to give points to!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
21-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #33

I go to user CP first and check if any responses to things I've posted. Forgot that's where rep points are - gooing to spread some about tonight!

Then go to new posts, then check who's on.

Then I check games etc.

If I've not been on for a while - I'll check thru some areas to see if I've missed anything.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
23-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #34

I only discovered "New Posts" about a month ago so before I used to laboriously trawl through each forum and look for new posts Now I go to "New Posts", then Daily Thread, then pictures.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
I only discovered "New Posts" about a month ago so before I used to laboriously trawl through each forum and look for new posts Now I go to "New Posts", then Daily Thread, then pictures.
Meep, I had to laugh at that, as it's exactly what I did when I first joined!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
23-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #36

I always felt really bad when I saw there were interesting posts I hadnt replied to and was mystified when everyone else seemed to be up to date. Until Yola mentioned "new posts" one day and it twigged

Catsey Veteran

23-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
I always felt really bad when I saw there were interesting posts I hadnt replied to and was mystified when everyone else seemed to be up to date. Until Yola mentioned "new posts" one day and it twigged
I know, I felt like an utter fool when I discovered New Posts!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
I think too few members on here to points too sometimes as everytime I try and give some it says I have to spread the love first but it says that for everyone as it's always the same regulars who I want to give points to!
I agree with random on this - I suppose we have a problem because we are a relatively small forum. I wanted to give random a rep point the other day and was told the same thing, so I just sent her a personal one in a PM because she loves Billy Connolly!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
23-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #39

PMs first, then User CP, then randomly look on the forum (assuming Dylan's not walking on the keyboard )

Catsey Veteran

23-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #40

I have sort of partially solved that by keeping an eye out for newbies, and giving them a point when they make an interesting post or a good pic. But it certainly does take a while to give out 20 rep points before you can give one to a previous person!