Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #1

Spring-like Tuesday?

It's light and promising but no sun yet. Fingers crossed.
I'm on my own again till Thursday night - so, no excuses, I'm going to get my front 'garden' (little more than a border really) cleared. It is full of a quite pretty pink hebe, which is entirely the wrong plant. Luckily they come out easily. And did I tell you my beautiful wisteria died? I have a new one to replace it.
So - no more procrastination - I'll take Dinah out and then come back and get digging! No ill effects from my allotment session yesterday - I must be fitter than I thought
Have a lovely day - I'll come back for a 'chat' later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #2

Re: Spring-like Tuesday?

Wisteria's are notorious for not surviving in the early years. As I understand it once they're past about 4 years old there is usually no stopping them.

I have a very sore thumb caused by Balie accidentally biting me when I was feeding him his biscuits. He's certainly still got strong jaws and sharp teeth even though his marbles seem to be disappearing at an alarming rate

I'm feeling a bit groggy today as Sebi woke at 0430am and then wriggled and kicked for ages finally falling asleep shortly before we were due to get up

Got lots to get through in the office so must get on . . . catch you all later!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
17-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #3

Morning. I'm off work all this week, but have loads of things to do including present shopping for Lucys birthday & organising her party.
We decided yesterday that as we want to grow some stuff in the garden this year, we should get started on giving it some attention. So we spent some time in there yesterday - but whilst we are in the garden, we are not getting the house finished Oh why does it take so long to get things how you want them
Today I'm off to Merry Hill or Merry Hell as it's more appropriately known to get some shopping done.
That's about it from me, have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #4

Hiya all

Off today and taken Mom to the Orthapedic hospital this morning then back took Sal out and then caught up on CP stuff...now contemplating on popping out for shopping or starting in the garden it really is spring like.

I have given up the allotment I was not doing it justice.....so sticking with the garden. Maybe not as fit/strong as I once was.....or maybe over doing it....which is more likely.

ANyhow have things to put in pots....and things to do including redoing the front garden great minds there DM.

I brought a wisteria (think it is WAS A "UNKNOWN PLANT") just the other week hope mine survives.

Decided now its shopping first. Then maybe bit gardening potting loads bulbs showing their heads.......so hope the forcasted frost/snow/cold spell for next week stays away.

Have good day all see you later alligator.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
17-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #5

Not since long been in from work.

Im just catchin up with my 40 emails I have got from [Sys edit: Contains pet forums], people are adding old primary school photos of our year and all the people in my year are commenting on the photos n it sends me and email when someone does...

other than that im gonna have a play on the sims, then have some dinner.

Its cloudy here and still a bit cold.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
17-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #6

janey, i know what you're saying about [Sys edit: Contains pet forums]. it sure sends your email a lot of updates everytime someone does anything..can be annoying at times, LOL!

sounds like a lot of people have been gardening. i don't really have a green thumb and manage to kill everything i pay special attention to so i usually just leave it and trust OH's advice because he can make anything thrive, animal or plant, and just has that touch that i don't have.

up early, have an appointment with doc in an hour and a half to discuss medication progress and wanted enough time to drink a couple cups of joe before i got there so i could speak properly in an awake kind of way!

will be calling the ferret breeder this afternoon to check on how my new girl did with her surgery (spay) and arrange for a pickup time on thursday night. still very excited and yesterday hauled the hospital cage out of the garage to the spare room so she will have a nice, quiet dark place to heal from her wound without the boys bothering her. will clean that cage out properly today and hang some nice, soft plushy bedding in preparation of her arrival. quite proud of myself for making room in that spare room and hauling that cage all by myself..it's quite heavy but determination got the better of me and i was impatient to have OH do it so i did it myself

will do regular chores today. i think the ferret boys know something's up as they were scratching at the door to be let out when they heard me moving things. they've also been quite rambunctious.

kuan yin has been acting like a dog lately and it's quite comical. have some pics of her and hestia that i will post later in the picture section.

have some tidying up to do around the house. hoping for a productive day and followed by some relaxation instead of my anticipation getting the better of me!

had a dream last night my OH brought a tortie home for adoption. been dreaming a lot about animals lately.

my god, i've written a book! hope you all don't mind, i must be in a talkative mood.

off to wake up and pry OH out of bed for drive to the doc. have a good day all!

love,
tink

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #7

Afternoon everyone!

Been one of those days for getting things done, like taxing the car and getting it booked in for service/MOT and sorting out insurance. It is so much easier now 2 things out of 3 can be done over t'internet. So that's all done. Washing is in the machine.

Must start on a bit of transcription now.

In a while, crocodile!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #8

Glad some people are having a taste of Spring! Sunny but still chilly here, 1 degree. Did two days worth of shopping as the forecast for tomorrow is a nasty mix of snow turning to rain, which I prefer to skip! No signs of snowdrops yet; I'm beginning to think I might have uprooted the clump last September when I was putting in a dozen iris rhizomes , although surely I would have noticed?? No early crocus signs either. But do have fat buds on the hellebores poking up! And the mahonia is about ready to bloom. As usual, that's all my exciting news...

Enjoy the milder weather while it's here! xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
17-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #9

Back from the doc. She is pleased with the progress of the medication and will keep me on the same dosage for another three weeks to make a six week trial total.
Then I will have another appointment with her again and we will more than likely increase the dosage as I should have a fair amount of the meds in my system by then and less likely to experience any side effects from increase.
Poor OH is back to bed for only an hour before he has to get back and work swing shift! He really is a good, understanding man to drive me to such an early appointment when he's gotten so little sleep over the past few days.
A bit more of coffee and puttering around and I am off to do chores and play with the kids!