Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #1

Monday's Thread

Morning! It's 1/2 term week and today I'm at home with both boys. Domi's in bed because he point blank refused to eat the dinner OH prepared last night. He's going to stay there until lunchtime I'm afraid as I'm fed up of his performances at mealtimes it's just too stressful.

Sebi on the other had is being a little angel this morning.

I'm not having the best of days so far - my washing machine's playing up; it keeps filling with water. I came down to load it up this morning and forgot to drain it first. Me, Sebi, utility area floor, kitchen floor, doormat and cellar were drenched. Not best pleased. I'm hoping today gets better!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
16-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #2

Re: Monday's Thread

Hope the day gets better for you , Yola!
I'm just going to bed now...goodnight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
16-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #3

Yola - what a rotten start to your day, I hope the water didn't do any damage.

Not got much lined up for today but I might get round to some mending, one of the duvet covers has come apart a bit at the seam, shouldn't take too long now that I've managed to find the power connector for the sewing machine. I've also got a pair of curtains to take up if I can find matching thread.

Have a nice day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
16-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #4

Yola - hope the day gets better for you, and your washing machine is easily sorted out , there is nothing worse when you have kids clothes to wash.

MrsH - wish I could sew and mend things but I am not very good at things like that, hope that you get all your sewing done .

Tink - Hope that you have a luvvvly bo bo`s

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #5

Hope your day has improved Yola.
It's a simply gorgeous day here. I'm just back from the allotment (I will be sooo stiff later!) - have made up my raised bed, sown some very early carrots, cleaned up my sprouts, pulled some leeks and made leek and potato soup. All very satisfying.
Warmer tomorrow maybe - fingers crossed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
16-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #6

What a day, Woke this morning with swollen eyes as I was upset bout My fish being ill.

Been to work and have now buried my fish and cleaned out the tank, my room looks empty now!!!

Its quite warm-ish here, starting to feel like spring.

For the rest of the day im relaxing (after ive washed my hair!)

Have a nice day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #7

Sorry you've had a bad start to the day Yola - do so hope things have improved.

Yes, it is noticeably warmer here today - in fact I have only just put a jumper on. Had a very nice day so far - my best friend from school phoned earlier to say that she was coming down and would pop in to see us if we were in. We are always in! She lives in Leicester and her mum, who is 89 lives near Arundel. It is always lovely to see her - we feel as if we've never lived apart and a lot of chatting goes on.

I worked on transcription for a lot of the weekend, so I'm having a bit of a rest from work today. Will start up again tomorrow as I have other non urgent work to get on with.

Have a good day all - do hope that it is warmish wherever you are today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #8

Hi. all! Not warmish here, Angie, 1 degree, but sunny and not as windy. The plumber is here now in the basement banging away, hopefully the pipe will be fixed soon. It's not a finished basement, so no water damage...just wet concrete floor. I dread next month's water bill! To the Safeway for Leia's food, other than that no news as usual.

Yola, not a good start to the day, sorry! DM, your soup sounds delicious. I've never planted carrots, think our heavy clay soil doesn't suit them .... sleep well, Tink, Thursday's getting closer!

Hope it's a good day for all.

Edited: plumber just left, pipe capped, everything OK now. (except the bank balance!!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #9

Just to say Eileen - if you could manage to arrange a raised bed and get a friend to bring you in loads of loamy compost, or what about even a bucket filled with compost ...... home grown carrots are THE BEST! Good luck Yola.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Just to say Eileen - if you could manage to arrange a raised bed and get a friend to bring you in loads of loamy compost, or what about even a bucket filled with compost ...... home grown carrots are THE BEST! Good luck Yola.
That's a good idea, Angie, may think about it; would work for potatoes also I think. Homegrown anything is better! During the war my mom who was enthusiastic about her Victory garden even planted sweet corn once...best I'd ever tasted !