Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #11

Re: Reality Show???

Nasty is a good word, also exploitive and cruel!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
15-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #12

I think that the difference with the 7up programmes, was that they were intended to show what difference social background, class and upbringing made to a child's life. It was fascinating, and the first time I saw these programmes was when I was doing a course in social care in the 80's.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #13

No way could I appear on TV, let alone a reality show....!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
16-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #14

We were once asked to appear on a tv documentary about people with lots of animals. We had been in the local papers with pictures of all our animals.We'd agreed to do it in the hope it would highlight the number of animals given up for rehoming etc, we ended up sounding slightly mad and the welfare side was never really dealt with. We said no to the animal documentary, and after they spoke to us they said we were too normal anyway. We did however do an interview for 'full house' magazine, but only because they paid us £200 and that allowed us to buy another set of hutches.
These programmes are just out to make you look stupid.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #15

My answer's no too! I don't like reality TV at all, and for me that extends to the celebrity variants!

I find any kind of public performance excruciating - even the couple of radio interviews that I've done have filled me with major panic.

Apart from that, I have a bit of an understanding how media works from the inside and what drives a programme like that. I also have a friend who's worked in TV production all his life (not for reality shows) and he sometimes shares snippets about how things are edited to appeal to the programme's target audience - and these are the more serious-type of documentaries and docu-soaps. Never would I set myself up for the inevitable ridicule that comes with appearing on a reality show.