Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy
28-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #1

Hello!

Hi everyone,
came accross this forum when searching for information on "my" cats health. ( I say "my" as she still doesnt feel like mine! - explanation below!)
It seems like a fab forum, dare i say looks better than a lot I have seen!

I have two / 3 cats.
A tabby male, 15 months old.
a gray tabby female, age unknown but guessed to be about 2 - 2 1/2
and one of her recent kittens we plan to keep, four weeks old, female tabby (i think thats how you describe her)
I cant figure out how to add photos', but once I look around the forum an figure out i will add some

The female came into our garden one day, just appeared out of nowhere, never seen her before, and she hasnt left us since!
She goes out and returns each day. And to be honest I am quite happy to keep her. I tried everything to find her owners, called CPL, RSPCA, PDSA, local vets, put posters up in post offices etc.
She isnt chipped so we are just waiting to see if she stays with us or not!

Anyway, as you may have guessed she had kittens four and a half weeks ago... i know...some people will say I should have done something about it before she did, but i was hesitant as i really dont know wether to call her my cat or not, and didnt want to spey someone else's cat and get in trouble for it.
SHe been with us almost 4 months now... no idea when we can call her "our" cat!?

We have mewoser (the male) Hokie (the female) and my gilfriend called the kitten Lorenzo

we have homes for all but two kittens, with family and friends.

Cant think what else to write!
so thats my furry family

Eliza

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #2

Re: Hello!

Hi Eliza and thanks for the explanations, I have asked several questions on your other thread but you have answered them here for me.

I am pretty certain you can call her yours now and please do have her spayed asap, there is such a terrible situation of over population which I am sure you are aware of.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
28-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #3

hello Eliza and welcome...

Yep, time to have her spayed I think. The person I got my girlie from had a similar experience to you - except the mum turned up pregnant - and then got out while nursing and proceeded to have another litter - so watch out!!!

Catsey Junior

28-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #4

thanks to both of you.
Def getting her speyed, theres a long waiting list in the area, which just highlights the problem with not neutering. I live in newcastle, and am told is has the WORST problem with homeless cats and dogs in the whole of england!
Which doesnt suprise me when you see the ignorance of the local pet owners in my area!
Even open the door, chuck the dog out and let it roam around all day! Why people like that have dogs is beyond me!

Then letting cats roam and have litter after litter, one person i know has had SIX litters in two years!!!! I have tried until I am blue in the face to get her to see the poor cat is suffering, but feel I am bashing my head against a brick wall, happens too often around here!

mum is def NOT going out until she has been sepeyed, I cant be doing with anymore litters and I am sure poor old mum cant, vet says she def had a litter before at least!

anyway, enough going on lol.

thanks

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
28-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #5

Just wanted to say hi, I'm new here too and still finding my way about

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
28-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #6

hi there and welcome

Catsey Junior

28-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #7

hi to you both.
I am still trying to find time to look around here proeprly lol. so muh fab information to read!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
28-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #8

hey there and welcome to the forum. That was really kind of you to take in the wee stray

Catsey Junior

28-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #9

well I figured she was good enough to choose us so as long as she is happy here she can stay.
And she hasnt left yet since the day she walked in!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #10