Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
23-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #11

Re: Newbie

As long as you feel he is safe Pauline then he will have a happy life as an indoor cat.
My cat is semi restricted. He was a feral and we live on a main road so he would just run right out and be killed if I didnt have him harnessed. Basically we attach a retractable dog lead to a secure washing line and he is harnessed up to it giving him free run of our garden (obviously needs supervising) but gets a lot of freedom and its all he knows. he is a happy pampered puss

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
23-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #12

That sounds like a great option, I am hoping to do some sort of enclosure in the back garden for him as I am hoping to add a new addition at some point soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
23-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #13

Sounds great. A lot of members on here have enclosed gardens so would be able to advise

Would love a new addition but given Denis's nature we wouldnt chance it lol

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
23-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #14

I know it can be a bit of a risk but will take it easy, Tiger was a prolific hunter up until about a year ago and terrible for having the odd fight too. But also gentle and quite kind to the younger neighbour hood kitties too, even when they came into his garden. Denis sounds awesome