Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Domestic Long Hair
11-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #1

Hello Everyone

Hi to all,
Just felt the need to post after losing my constant companion of 19 & half years. Unfortunately I had to have her put to sleep yesterday. She was suffering with a heart murmur, chronic renal failure, diabetes and cat dementia !!!! I miss her so so much. As I am on my own just needed to put things down in writing - it helps. Thanks for reading this post

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
11-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #2

Re: Hello Everyone

Hi, welcome to Catsey...
So sorry to hear of your loss, we all understand how you are feeling, we all have a cat shaped hole in our hearts...
If it helps to chat about her go ahead....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
11-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #3

aww so sorryt o hear about the loss of your friend and companion

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
11-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #4

Hi. So, so sorry to hear about your loss. I think all of us understand how you are feeling, I lost 2 of my cats last year. I miss them every day. Take care. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #5

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Most of us here have experienced such a loss in the past and whenever you want to "talk" about your beloved friend, we will be here to read and appreciate her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
11-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #6

Hi there, and welcome.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved feline friend. As many others have mentioned, there are lots of us here who have similar grief. I'm glad that writing it down helped a little.

*hugs*

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-02-2011, 11:39 PM   #7

Hello, a warm welcome to Catsey.

I'm so sorry to read of the loss of your faithful companion, we do understand how you are feeling at this sad time. Many of us have gone through similar distress and we have found that it does help to talk about your loss.

We are a very caring group of cat lovers who will always listen and do our best to help you through this painful stage.

When you feel able, it may help you to tell us something about her (sorry, you didn't mention her name). We have a section here called "Gone but not forgotten" where you could maybe create a special tribute to her, if you felt like it.

It will all help you to cope with your loss, then one day, hopefully you will be able to look back on your dear cat with fondness rather than distress.

Please continue to look in on us, we will do all we can to help. (((hugs)))

Cats owned: 6 mixed breeds, 1 siamese
14-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #8

Well today is my first day, and i intruduced my six cats. but unfortunately we aso lost lucky last week (+/- 15 years old). They mean so very much to us. How I wish everybody in this world felt the same way about animals...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
15-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #9

hi there, welcome

sorry to hear of your loss, but 19, what a great age she was and im sure a fantastic long life with you!

Cats owned: 10 Moggies
15-02-2011, 01:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty8
Hi to all,
Just felt the need to post after losing my constant companion of 19 & half years. Unfortunately I had to have her put to sleep yesterday. She was suffering with a heart murmur, chronic renal failure, diabetes and cat dementia !!!! I miss her so so much. As I am on my own just needed to put things down in writing - it helps. Thanks for reading this post
Hi Monty8, So very sorry to here of your loss but what a good life she must have had with you to live to such a great age. I am also a new member but would like to welcome you if I may. My oldest rescue Cat Poppy aged 15 was diagnosed with chronic renal failure last year & is on daily tablets but the fact that your faithful friend lived for so long gives me hope for Poppy. Hugs from Deirdre