Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
03-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #31

Re: Found this really disturbing

I know, I even had to give up fostering as I ended up worrying about them too much, that's the main reason we've become a sanctuary, we get too attached.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
03-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #32

Re: Found this really disturbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
You had no choice but to buy, Elvisisboss! I cannot understand some of the absurd restrictions some rescues insist on. I bought my three pedigrees before I was on Catsey and learned about the terrible overpopulation of cats; any future ones will be from rescues or breed rescues, absolutely!
i know i also phoned up about rescue dogs they all said no to me as well even though i have a dog park outside my front door, literally! and a huge resvation (spelling) 10mins up the road with lakes/ducks!

i bought one in the end (very sadly had to rehome being due to being made homeless on the day of moving into another house, but thats another story )

i then find out that this 'women' or 'devil lady' she should be known chucked her pups out at 4 weeks, the new owners kicked him about and then took him back and she shoved him onto us as a 'rescue' case i thought i was helping but instead i lined her pockets

only found out when i met another lady who had the same story as mine........yes she has all types of dogs for 'rescue' oh you have to pay though, just a small amount £180) to make sure its a good home!! she had my dog a westie cross, a shizu (sp) border collie & also a litter of CKCS & another 2/3 dogs (or pups) but they were behind a door. i fell for her 'we resuced him' line and thought i was helping. he came away with such problems, it kills me it really does how people do this and live with it its a animals not a piece of rag

if i ever see anyone hurting my animals or theres Ever, god help them id bloody hurt them
espically that bloody woman with her lies!

ARGH! sorry bit of track there...

i was also speaking to another lady who wanted to have a rescue cat but she was also in a flat and they said no, she was at home all day so it wasnt like it would be alone! she now has a few of them all bought, so she could of rehomed 3 cats instead just adding to people breeding them

i do not think people should stop breeding, i mean ok say everyone did, then everyone looking for a dog rehomed.......say all the dogs got rehomed......and there were no dogs left for anyone else?!

i only agree with FULLY health tested good ethical breeding and for a purpose as good pets or showing working etc

i dont beleive in 'accidents' if the animal is not neutered/spayed it can have a litter! get it done!