Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
13-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #11

Re: How does your cat greet you in the morning?

Oh to have cats that ignore me! Bliss!

Darcy and Minsky have a variety of tactics to get us up. They used to try and wake us at 5am but they've both learnt that we get up after the alarm, and ONLY after the alarm so now once it goes off, they start their antics. Minsky will walk up the bed and sit on my pillow purring, and occasionaly touch his wee kitty nose to mine and sniff.

Darcy will jump on the window sill and try and get behind the blind, as a result knocking off anything on the windowsill. And if it's Darcy on my pillow instead of Minksy (as it was this morning) he'll 9 times out of 10 'eat' my hair, by grabbing some of it in his mouth always at the root and pull!

Then when we're up they both run ahead of us to their food bowls, but whilst looking behind at us so they zig zag all the way there, and often knock into the wall. Then they eat their breakfast, lick their paws and faces, then Darcy always goes for a nap at the top of the wardrobe and Minsky meows and meows to be played with.

They both look so despondent when we head off to work, and I often walk away from a front door that is rattling with a cat scratching against it, and pitiful meows from inside.

Misnky also likes to try and get in when I'm in the bathroom No peace for the wicked eh!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: BSH Silver Tab, Lilac CP, Blue
fancyabrew is Male
13-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #12

Depends, 8/10 Chole is asleep next to me, so I might get woken up at some ungodly hour with a paw in my face or a tap on my head, this usually indicates that instead of sleeping on the bed she wants to get under the covers. If she’s down stairs I usually get mugged by her once I reach the foot of the stairs. She'll then follow me around the house, including bathroom, until she gets fed

Last night was a bit different woken about 1:30am with the cat shrieking at something that either came in through her cat flap or attempted too or was just outside.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #13

I'm so lucky to have a laid-back cat! Leia sleeps with me; she watches while I dress, do hair and makeup, then hops off the bed when I say "breakfast!" and dashed down the stairs ahead of me......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #14

Eva jumps on my bladder at 7.15 every morning just to make sure I have to get up while Bernie lies at the foot of the bed giggling to himself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #15

LOL Elaine!! Ferdy, by big, black heffer-cat used to do the bladder dance Why is it the bigger they are the more they feel the need to do this???

Catsey Veteran

13-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
LOL Elaine!! Ferdy, by big, black heffer-cat used to do the bladder dance Why is it the bigger they are the more they feel the need to do this???
Because the bigger they are, the harder the jump, therefore the more urgent it is for you to get up before you wet the bed Once up the cat usually gets fed after a quick vist to the loo.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #17

Ouch! That bladder-jumping trick makes be doubly grateful that my hefty girl doesn't do that!

Catsey Veteran

13-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Ouch! That bladder-jumping trick makes be doubly grateful that my hefty girl doesn't do that!
Its the only time you will ever see me get out of bed like a flash

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #19

I just want to know how they know exactly where hat spot is!!!

CM

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
14-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #20

Can't help but laugh at the bladder dance. Minsky has perfected this too, and he's a few pounds heavier than Darcy. 6 Kilos on your bladder first thing in the morning is not what you need!

Darcy however has worked out that standing on my chest (you know how tender the buds can be!) is sure to wake me up in an instant. Cruel cat!

DM - you are so lucky to have a laid back cat! Let's swap for a week I'd gladly have Leia casually watching me hurr about in the morning and then only come for breakfast when called!