Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
12-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #1

How does your cat greet you in the morning?

if Taylor is in the lounge/kitchen (open plan) i open the door and he runs up to me or meows try to jump on me from his house!! then he goes mad for ages purring, round my legs, i then have to give him lots of attention and he purrs jumps down to eat........purrs.....eats..........purrs......eats !!! then his had enough!

If the lounge dorr is open and i get up and go to the loo (dont picture it haha! ) i leave the door open and i see his head poke out around the lounge door and he watches me......then i whistle and he comes running up meowing and saying hello all round my legs!

then hell follow me into the lounge and demand attention... eat........purrs.....eats..........purrs......eats !!! then his had enough!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
12-10-2008, 08:29 PM   #2

Re: How does your cat greet you in the morning?

ronnie wakes me up between 5 n 6 so i let him out. and go back to bed LOL by 8 the reggi-o-clock is purring loudly at me so its time to get up. and he wont leave me alone untill hes been fed.
ronnies throws himself all around the floor doing the dying with hunger act LOL
then add a dog !!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
12-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #3

I get a purry, long, snuggly hug every morning from when the alarm-clock clears it's throat until I decide to get up.

I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-10-2008, 08:47 PM   #4

I get fishy breath and a VERY HARD STARE from Smudge, toe chewing from Cleo and Tolly just waits. They then all compete to trip me up on the stairs with Smudge stopping to claw the stair carpet several times.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
12-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #5

Alfie just waits until we are awake then he comes and lies on your chest staring at you. If you don't get up he usually just goes for a nap and tries again later.

Kinsi is probably a bit young to have a routine for greeting us. Just now it depends on how much she has bounced about during the night, sometimes she head butts us until one gives up and either feeds her or lets her under the duvet for a cuddle. If she's tired she snuggles in, if not then she can be verrrrrry annoying until she gets fed.

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
12-10-2008, 10:23 PM   #6

Simon is the realy the only one of ours that greets me. He meows and promptly dive bombs my knee and will not get off for anything not even when Guinness sits on at the same time. The only trouble with that is they weigh about 16kgs between them so i get squashed. All the cats that i look after usualy purr then roll on there backs for me to tickle there bellys usually at the same time.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-10-2008, 10:25 PM   #7

Chancer is the only one who greets me, and thats just a quick purr, can I go out now please....The others just look as if to say, oh!! its you is it, fill up our food bowls ....!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #8

Fifi and Balie ignore me. Fifi's currently sleeping outside our bedroom door . . . she moves periodically from one stair or landing to another, but won't move for her chosen spot for days on end!

Balie usually just sleeps in the table in our bedroom, occaisonally jumping down onto the floor when he wants to launch a furball.

Myshka's a nocturnal roamer but to wake me up every morning he'll launch himself onto my chest before draping himself across me and starting to snore

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
13-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #9

Quote:
I get fishy breath and a VERY HARD STARE from Smudge, toe chewing from Cleo and Tolly just waits. They then all compete to trip me up on the stairs with Smudge stopping to claw the stair carpet several times
I think you have got two of my cats!! I get the hard stares, carpet clawing oh and Alfie lies on the top stair so that Rosie can't pass him when we go down to breakfast.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
13-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #10

Misty jumps on me every morning in bed and shoves her face into mine.... and then demands attention!

Chloe just gives me a snooty glare from wherever she is, as if to say... enough laying down... get breakfast!!