Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #1

Really Angry....

Leo had his monthly jab today, he can be a bit hissy and spitty sometimes, but if the nurse is calm and confident usually not bad...Today it was another nurse who did it, she literally scruffed him as tight as she could, he of course went mad and promptly bit me!!I said to her there is no need to scruff him like that, that she had frightened him, but all she could say was I do not want him biting me!!Stupid woman....The other two nurses have never had ant real problem with him apart from a hiss or spit after they jab him......
Poor baby, I gave him a huge cuddle afterwards, and told him I would not let the nasty lady hurt him again, she just looked at me!! Thats one nurse who will not get near any of my animals again...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: soon to own 2 tabby rescue kittens!
08-10-2008, 08:39 PM   #2

Re: Really Angry....

Ha, good for you. Silly woman. One is born every minute ay!?
I remember when my son had to have his first injections, the evil nurse actually LAUGHED when my son cried...CAN YOU BELIEVE IT. I went mad. So i know where you are coming from with the frustration of some 'so called' professionals!
Emma x

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #3

Think she was scared of Leo...if thats the case she should not be treating animals, thats enough to stress them out!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
08-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #4

For working with animals, that woman sure didn't know how to properly handle a cat...cats are stressed enough as it is at the vets. That wasn't very professional.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-10-2008, 08:46 PM   #5

Pat, if it were me, I'd raise it as a formal complaint with the practice. If she has such a fear of animals she shouldn't be working around them.

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Pat, if it were me, I'd raise it as a formal complaint with the practice. If she has such a fear of animals she shouldn't be working around them.
Think thats a good idea Yola, Carole my vet and I have been friends for years, think I will have a word with her.....
Just coukd not believe the way she acted....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #7

You see Pat, its that kind of treatment that has made Eva behave so aggressively at the vets.
Poor Leo xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #8

Yes poor poor Leo! You are right to be angry Moli - that sort of behaviour is not professional at all. That nurse should not be allowed to give vaccinations unsupervised if she is perhaps inexperienced in how to handle cats.

Sorry, just read "monthly jab" - that's even worse if he has to go so regularly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
08-10-2008, 09:54 PM   #9

Kinsi was at vet tonight for her final jabs. Vet played a bit with her and then gave her the jab - she never even felt it.

Why can't people who work with animals be a bit more considerate? I'd make a pont of talking to the vet about this. It could end up losing the practice business.

Poor wee soul - hope next month is better experience.

CM

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Kinsi was at vet tonight for her final jabs. Vet played a bit with her and then gave her the jab - she never even felt it.

Why can't people who work with animals be a bit more considerate? I'd make a pont of talking to the vet about this. It could end up losing the practice business.

Poor wee soul - hope next month is better experience.

CM
It will be CM, I have said I want my usual vet nurse next month...