Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Banned

Cats owned: tortashell female
29-03-2010, 10:15 PM   #1

Hippus been spayed but....

Right Hippus was spayed last thursday everything went fine, she had the lampshade on, boy that was fun getting it on we had to cover her with a towel in the vets to get it on. Sat she had her post op check and needed an injection for a temp but other than that shes been fine, i took her lampshade off sat lunch time and she hadnt bothered at all with her stitches. Now today shes been fine again hasnt touched them well that was untill she came down stairs 10mins ago without her stitches in. It looks ok not bleeding or anything looks closed as much as it was with the 2 stitches in this morning but shes not due back at the vets untill sat for them to be removed. What am i best doing???
Shes next to me now and it looks like its healing well.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #2

Re: Hippus been spayed but....

I would phone the vet tomorrow and explain what has happened and be guided by them ....... they may just want to see her to make sure everything is ok with her.

Banned

29-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #3

Right thanks, thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure, if it opens in the night i will call them right away, i cant get the lampshade back on her i need another set of hands to help cos shes frightend of it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #4

I'd also advise giving the vet a call tomorrow to see what they advise. It's a while to go until next Saturday if I understand right that's when the stitches were due out.

Global Moderator

29-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #5

It would be a good idea if you could get the collar back on her, it would save her doing any further damage like chewing at the wound in the night.

Banned

29-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #6

hmm thats what im just thinking too, shes not bothering at all with it but she must of been at some point this eve for her stitches to be out now, i will try in a bit but shes being locked in the kitchen again tonight so she cant get into any trouble so can pin her in a room to do it.

Global Moderator

29-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPPUS' MUM
hmm thats what im just thinking too, shes not bothering at all with it but she must of been at some point this eve for her stitches to be out now, i will try in a bit but shes being locked in the kitchen again tonight so she cant get into any trouble so can pin her in a room to do it.
Good luck .......catch her when she's sleepy

Banned

30-03-2010, 12:09 AM   #8

OUCH i am now covered in scratches that are bleeding silly cat attacked me with her feet, i pinned her in a towel but she still got me shes only little so not much to get hold of shes now in the bedroom with me looking very upset with me, i think i will call vets at 8am and let them fight her if they want to try, it took 3 of them to get the lampshade on the other day lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-03-2010, 02:13 AM   #9

Yes, give the vet a call early; they may want to see her.before Saturday. If she's not worrying the incision and if it's not inflamed, bleeding or oozing I suspect it'd be OK to wait till morning. They do so hate those lampshade collars! Let us know what happens, please.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
30-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #10

oh bless her. I would ring the vets.
My dog hated his collar because it was so big and whenever he tried to get through the front door he would always bump into things