Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #11

Re: 13th April Tuesday - Daily.

OK OK i give up. Just sat in the living room thinking "I'm freezing !"
Have now got changed, long pants, warm tee shirt and fleece. Socks and boots, oh and i've put the fire on.
It was nice while it lasted

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #12

I really hope it won't be too long before you put your Summer clothes back on Shelley! 'spect you needed a nice hot cuppa too!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #13

Hi all. Not particularly nice here, heavy grey clouds with rain predicted about noon; 10 C (50 F), raw East wind. But at least no snow in our parts, Winter is really hanging tough in Scotland! Did the usual market run and will be back on line working on income tax again, almost finished. How I hate tax day!

Kazz, hope all goes well today. Yola, I never heard of senility pills, hope they will work; also that Bailie will be OK, that's a lot of weight the old fellow has lost..

Too chilly for shorts/sandals IMO but saw several brave souls in them on the way to the market ... not I!

Have a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #14

Hiya all I am back......

Yola are you sure the right cat ate the senility pills......

And people don't scare me with information on snow.....Spring is here its official I have planted margarittes in the tubs.

Today went fine, appears apart from having MRSA all systems are go. If I have not heard anything by Thursday then I am clear if I have got it then may have delay while treatment takes place did not dwell on that to much as I figure I've got enough to think about without concerning myself over something that may not happen.....seems only thing may be I get a blood transfusion if still blood levels still low.

So a good day all round.

Catsey Veteran

13-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #15

Glad it went well Kazz. You are right not to think about things which may not happen. Just take one bit at a time, if you know what i mean.

Global Moderator

13-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #16

Glad it went well Kazz ........ one step at a time is the way to go

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Yola, I never heard of senility pills, hope they will work; also that Bailie will be OK, that's a lot of weight the old fellow has lost..
Here you go, some detailed and very interesting information: http://www.fabcats.org/owners/elderly/senility.html

Balie is on Aktivait sprinkle capsules for 2 months by which time we will have a good idea of whether they are being effective (it can take 4-6 weeks for symptoms to recede). Today he wolfed down the meat with the medication on and is ignoring the ordinary meat I've put down subsequently

Catsey Veteran

13-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #18

Yola, I'm extremely grateful you posted that very informative link... I've bookmarked it and hope every member here with an older cat will do so too! That was a perfect description of my Patches ,,, I suspected she night have had CDS and apparently she did.

How I hope the meds will help Bailie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #19

That is extremely interesting and describes quite a few of Merlin's symptoms exactly. I also hope Balie will benefit from his meds and you too Yola - no fun cleaning up so often. At least Merlin didn't have that problem unless he was constipated.

Catsey Veteran

13-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #20

Patches didn't have the incontinence or inappropriate weeing/pooping, but the weight loss, disinterest in food and nocturnal wailing fit her to a tee. Wish I had known back then that there might have been some help for her ..... I naively attributed it to her age (20) I have learned so much here.......