Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2004, 03:23 PM   #21

Re: persian cybercat

Yes it is Mags, then they just thinks it a part of life - but her persian is 9 years old and still hates it - as Sam said if they hate it there is not much you can do about it!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Is owned by Persians
05-12-2004, 06:02 PM   #22

i start brushing my babies from 2 weeks then they dont mind ,they also get 2 baths before they leave so that being bathed and blow dried is just part of life.The boy i have that hates being brushed was not started on till 10weeks old which is way to old.Theres no way i would even try to bath him,there would be serious damage to me .Hes a lovely cat just not been taught about persian life style

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #23

Maybe that is why my mums cat hates it - the breeder might not have brushed him!! My mum got him at 12 weeks.

Almost a Veteran Member

05-12-2004, 06:16 PM   #24

sounds like it Abbi.If there started late its just one big battle that you never really win.They let you go so far and thats it.My lads breeder hadnt even introduced him to family life.Been penned all through his kitten hood so had real culture shock when he came home to me.This was only a few years ago and some breeders still bring up kittens this way.

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2004, 06:30 PM   #25

Awwww that's sad

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-12-2004, 06:53 PM   #26

Sounds like some little kitties don't get any affection at all before they go to their new homes.

But how can these people not fall for a tiny, helpless, beautiful kitten?

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2004, 06:56 PM   #27

I suppose some people just see it as a job and an income, I know if it was me I would have trouble selling them, I would end up with a house full of cats!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-12-2004, 06:59 PM   #28

Too true! I know I would get too attached to them and there would probably be waterworks after each one left home

Almost a Veteran Member

05-12-2004, 07:12 PM   #29

The worst ones are the ones you hand rear.I get so attached but i know they will have a fab home as im very careful where my babies go.Dosnt stop me crying when they go through the door like my last one.boy did i cry.Their new owners can give so much more then i can as i have a houseful.They never want for anything which is the main thing

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2004, 07:18 PM   #30

The breeder who I got my Amber from was the most wonderful person and we both cried when I took Amber away - she loved the kittens so much - we are still in touch now 2 years on!