Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #1

On Broadband

Hiya all on broadband typing this post.....Lord its fast if I disappear it because I am playing.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
19-02-2010, 01:09 PM   #2

Re: On Broadband

ahhhhhhh Kazz... you wont know yourself with broadband... i love mine... the only bad thing about it is when you go somewhere with a laptop... or use internet elsewhere that ISN'T broadband.. you do get impatient!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #3

Great news Kazz, there will be no stopping you now!

Catsey Veteran

19-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #4

Its really really good. Got to get the old dial up computer a wireless card.

May even get a new desk top.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #5

Good isn't it? I remember switching when I set up my business (initially from home) in 2002 - it was heaven!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #6

I'm still with my dial up. I did look on line for broadband info, and was disconcerted to see it requires a "self-install kit" ??? Sounds too complicated for me.

Catsey Veteran

19-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #7

Well I tell you Eileen all mine was was a router...black box I pluged into the mains, not very big and totaly unnoticable really. Some splitters you plug into the telephone line socket to stop "interference" and a connecting wire between the router (black box) and one of the telephone connectors, and a CD I put in the laptop and hey presto I was running.

I have dial up modem on the old desktop, which I am going to take to the computer shop and have a wireless card put in instead.

It was easy not sure how it would work in USA?????is anyone who comes on here broadband in the USA?

But have to say I was happy with my dial up but the laptop has inspired me to go broadband, as dial up only one computer.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I'm still with my dial up. I did look on line for broadband info, and was disconcerted to see it requires a "self-install kit" ??? Sounds too complicated for me.
I would have thought some providers would professionally install broadband for you, Eileen. If you're really interested in changing to broadband, try emailing some of them..... you may have a nice surprise

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
19-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #9

I have a broadband it's really good

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #10

Well I tell you Eileen all mine was was a router...black box I pluged into the mains, not very big and totaly unnoticable really. Some splitters you plug into the telephone line socket to stop "interference" and a connecting wire between the router (black box) and one of the telephone connectors, and a CD I put in the laptop and hey presto I was running.

You lost me right there, Kazz! Splitters?? Connecting wires? Haven't a clue.

The only think I'd really like a little more speed for is uploading pics ... very slow with dial up. I don't do things like downloading music or movies, nor play games.

I'm toying with the thought of getting a newer model Mac come Spring, if I can find someone to help me set it up and transfer the data from this one: bookmarks, passwords, etc. I'd love to be able to
install the latest Firefox here but it won't accept OSX 10.2.8.

My friend who got a computer a few years back is wireless and has had many problems with his router, he is, if possible, even less techy than I am!