Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
20-07-2008, 09:04 PM   #1

Pedigree pets can know be shown

The GCCF have changed their show rules so that pedigree pets that are or aren't registered can be shown in the Household Pet section of shows. The Household pet section will now be split into two sections. The first section will be for moggies and the second will be for pedigree PETS. Adults will be able to compete for titles the same as show cats consisting of Master Cat, Grand Master Cat and Imperial Master Cat. Obviously there will be a phasing in period but I would have thought by the end of this year this should be fully implemented.

This obviously opens up the show scene for a lot more people. If anyone here fancies ago please feel free to pm me for any advice or help

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
20-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #2

Re: Pedigree pets can know be shown

My Tucker would steal the show.

I expect they need to be complete with plums?

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #3

I am sure Tucker would.

No, Kel, all Household Pets have to be neutered/spayed before they become an adult, which for showing is 9 months.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
20-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
I am sure Tucker would.

No, Kel, all Household Pets have to be neutered/spayed before they become an adult, which for showing is 9 months.
That's a great idea, I might well have a ponder seeing as I don't have a dog to show at the mo!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #5

The household pet section at the shows I've been to here is enormously popular! If any of mine had had the temperament for showing I would have done it. We didn't have a section for non-show quality pedigrees back when I was going to shows or I would have shown Dandy...he had the ideal temperament for it...loved people, loved attention, a perfect little ham!. Are you going to enter Tucker, Random ?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
20-07-2008, 10:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
The GCCF have changed their show rules so that pedigree pets that are or aren't registered can be shown in the Household Pet section of shows. The Household pet section will now be split into two sections. The first section will be for moggies and the second will be for pedigree PETS. Adults will be able to compete for titles the same as show cats consisting of Master Cat, Grand Master Cat and Imperial Master Cat. Obviously there will be a phasing in period but I would have thought by the end of this year this should be fully implemented.

This obviously opens up the show scene for a lot more people. If anyone here fancies ago please feel free to pm me for any advice or help
Hi Kay

As far as I know this proposal has not yet been discussed at Council - it is due for discussion at the October meeting as they ran out of time at the June one

Sarah

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
20-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
I am sure Tucker would.

The new proposal suggests amending this to 6 months ......

Catsey Veteran

21-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #8

Quite right Sarah they did run out of time. I should have checked that. It is now going to be on the agenda for the 29th October meeting so hopefully they don't run out of time again. I think this change will make a big difference to our little single breed clubs who struggle for entries.

I also missed that bit about changing it to 6 monhs I think that is a lot better as well.