Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby with ginger & a black & white
10-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #1

Help/advice requested

Hiya,
Ok so first of all I know I am too soft! I saw a local vets was put in the position of treating a cat brought in as stray and then after keeping for 10days with nobody coming forward for him having no rescue to take him. The RSPCA advised re-releasing him as "he is fit enough to fend for himself". This cat is clearly not feral and the vets didn't want to simply abandon him. I am due to pick him up later to prevent this from happening. My question is does anybody know of any rescue that would support me rehoming him? I am not looking for any expenses from a charity just want to open him up to a wider network who can get him the home he should have. He is 2-3 years old mainly white with tabby patches ( so an attractive boy) the vets neutered him this week. Redditch area ( Worcestershire/ Warwickshire / Birmingham) Any advice gratefully received.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #2

Re: Help/advice requested

First of all Thank you Danielle for your compassion!
I'm sure there will be a rehoming charity in your local area that will be very grateful for your help. I'm not in your area but I know that if you do an internet search for animal aid in your area you will hit some results, and there's Cats Protection of course. You will be fostering him until he is given a forever home but I'm sure as soon as his profile is circulated he'll be be snapped up!

I had my two girls from Friends of the Animals RCT,(RCT being the local borough council) there may be links with an organisation in your area.

Good Luck! x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #3

Yes, Danielle - bless you for fostering this cat. I can't say what I think of the RSPCA telling the vet to "release him" - I know the rescues are full and I suppose that's just one symptom of a system with no space left. Poor cat, what chance would he have had, especially as he's not feral.

As PoshPuss suggests, try searching online for any local animal rescue/charities or failing that perhaps place an advert in any local free papers or local radio??? I do wish you luck.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby with ginger & a black & white
10-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #4

The rescues I have spoken to so far are all not interested as I guess they would rather rehome one of their own. I was hoping someone on here would have some contact or know of a good place to advertise. Really want to avoid free ads due to cats being acquired for bait for dog fighters

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
10-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #5

There will be private rehomers in your area, just a case of getting to find them. Ring ypur nearest CPL & ask them if they know of any Kitten or Cat Fosters in your area, they should do.

Unfortunately we are in middle of Kitten season right now & sometimes adults need to wait a wee bit longer. Look up on social net working sites for animal rescue groups in your area.

ALWAYS do a home check no matter who they say they are. If they genuinely want to adopt this wee pet, they wont mind a home check x

Well done for rescuing & keep in touch, will ask around for you to see if i can get someone in your area x