Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
18-08-2022, 06:39 AM   #1

Thursday daily.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Thursday, 4.45pm here and it's cold but it hasn't rained since this morning. There's terrible flooding on the West Coast and the top of the South island but it hasn't been that bad in Christchurch and there's been no further leaking here.

Yesterday, Kerry the roofer came round finally. What a character that guy is. ! Anyway, he climbed up on the roof and said some of the tiles are broken in the leaking area, also guttering needs a bit of a clean out. Then around the side of the house, the neighbours' tree is growing over into my guttering - these are the neighbours who bought Eliot's house and I don't know them. Kerry raved on about getting the neighbours to front up and remove the tree and he was using all these filthy words. It was so embarrasing and i was just hoping they weren't at home and listening to him. He seems a really aggressive guy. Anyway to cut a long story short, after i paid him $300, he has sent me through a written report with so many spelling errors, it's not funny. I will send that report to my insurance company. The builders want to begin the repairs inside the house on 9th Sept., estimated 3-4 days and everything has to be removed from the room beforehand. My poor cats. Kerry the roofer will replace the broken tiles, clean out the guttering and cut back the part of the neighbours' tree that is on my side of the fence for $500, so I said yes. He says I should let him throw all the branches over their side of the fence, but I said definitely not. I'll have to make sure he doesn't do it though, It seems he's just spoiling for a fight. He can't be all that bad though - he told me he lost his neopolitan mastiff a year ago, and he still misses her terribly. Anyone who loves the mastiff breed has got to be OK in my book.

Nothing much else has been happening. Brenna flew to Australia this morning for a conference. She has a very heavy cold and wasn't looking forward to the flight. at all. Mary and now Becca are still both testing positive for covid. Mary is OK, but Becca seems to have it badly and is miserable. I haven't heard back from the Bible college yet about my essay. No news is good news ! Mince and veges for tea tonight, and yogurt for afterwards.

PAMELA, I'm not sure from your post the other day if you have now picked up Robyn and she is now part of your family. I do hope so, and she is settling in well. You'll have to let us know. I know you love her already, Pamela. How lovely getting lots of new things for your home. I bet it looks super It always makes you feel so good when your house looks nice. Are you still a bit congested ? I think that spring/summer colds are often the hardest to shift. I hope you are feeling better anyway. Poor Mia and her fear of thunder and lightening the other night. I hope that there hasn't been any more and that she has now settled down. I'm glad you both sat with her to calm her.

SHELLEY, I do hope you are continuing to get nice sunny weather while you are at the van., and are able to spend time in the sea. Malaika will be well into his course of antiobiotics now - I hope they are agreeing with him, and both pups have not eaten anything off the floor again. It's so hard with dogs ,as they normally gobble up anything without thinking. Have you managed to find the time to proof read your book yet ? I do hope you're happy with it, Shelley.

Well ladies, off to take the cats out now, if they want to go, then tea. Just feel like something nice and hot ,as it's so cold here now.
'
Have a great Thursday everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-08-2022, 07:42 AM   #2

Re: Thursday daily.

Morning dinky. Kerry the roofer certainly sounds like a character and as if he is spoiling for a fight! I am glad they have finally come out though and hopefully you will have no more leaks!! He does however sound like an animal lover which can't be a bad thing!

Sorry to hear that both Mary and Becca have covid I do hope they are OK. Hopefully Brenna feels better too. Lucky lady going to Australia though!

Robyn joins us on Saturday. The hone check was the final thing we had to do but it was all fine �� we will pick her up about 11am on Saturday and bring her home. We are going to introduce them all on a walk again so it's neutral territory.

My cold is still hanging about in my nose. It will not clear. Getting g really frustrated with it now.

My bike got a lovely clean MOT pass yesterday so it's road legal for snother year so to celebrate I went for a ride. Ended up doing around 100miles! Just took my time and enjoyed it. It's the first time I've actually just gone pit myself without Steven or meeting up with anyone else. Was really nice.

Shelley I hope your still enjoying your holiday at thr caravan. What are your plans for today?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-08-2022, 08:44 AM   #3

Re: Thursday daily.

Hello ladies,
Sorry I've not been around for a while, life has been very busy with James and Hannah being here.
We all had a lovely time, yesterday they went home and I'm really missing them.
Dinky I've proof read my book once and Hannah was able to format it on her laptop.
It's only 70 odd pages long, have some time lines to add etc which Hannah has said I can email to her to add.
After that I need to look for a final photograph when I get home and look to have 2 copies printed.
So glad to have nearly finished.
Pamela, how exciting about Robyn, I am so pleased everything went well.
Great that your bike passed its mot, what a relief.
Dinky, yes the roofer sounds a right character, I'd maybe chat to your neighbours about the tree first.
How did Jan a do at her interview?