Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
15-08-2022, 06:16 AM   #1

Monday daily.

Good morning ladies.
Monday 4.30pm here and another day of no rain, although coldish and no sun. Evidently it's meant to get to 17 degrees tomorrow, but then rain for the rest of the week. I managed to get hold of the roofer today, but he just told me to ring back on Wednesday and he'll "try and fit me in".He still won't make an appointment at all. This was the guy who was recommended by the insurance company, but if he doesn't come soon, then I'm going to have to go and find someone else.

I've spent this afternoon chopping up cardboard boxes and putting them in the recycling bin which is collected tomorrow. I also made a mince and vege pie for tea. Janna has her job interview tomorrow. She's nervous, but is determined to get through it. It will be the first interview she has ever done. I told her that it doesn't matter if she gets the job or not - the important thing is that she is trying. She'll do her best anyway, and that's all anyone can do. After the interview, she and I will go down to our local supermarket and shop for the fortnight. I've got no veges left and cats need food , so it'll be a big shop. Just hope I can get most of the things I need.

Mary, my sister now has covid, but she's not too bad. Becca is very blocked up and still coughing but testing negative, and my BIL is able to come out of isolation tomorrow.

My essay has FINALLY been sent, and now I think I made a spelling mistake ! I'm not going to mention that stupid essay again. I haven't got the next lesson sent to me yet (our mail here is terrible), but I know it's on Philemon which is very short, so surely that study will be easier.

PAMELA, you must be walking on Cloud 9 today.after such great news about Robyn. on Saturday. The two weeks will pass quickly and she'll soon be home with you. I'm glad, too, that you had a good time at Saturday's fair and sold lots of the smaller mats. At least you won't have to make so many big ones for the next fair.It's really good that Robyn has bonded so closely with you, Pamela. Poor Steven must be feeling a bit left out, but Robyn might just take time to warm up to men in general. Robyn doesn't know how lucky she is, in coming to live with you two.I hope you got through all your house and garden clean up yesterday. You should have really been taking it a bit easier as you've still got that bad cold. Hopefully you're less stuffed up today. Funny you mention Alexa. I've just read a book from the library about a woman who moves into her girlfriend's flat in London, which is presided over by Alexandra, and Alexandra starts to threaten the woman, even trying to kill her. It's really scary.

SHELLEY, I hope that lovely spell of good weather is still with you ,especially as your son and fiance are there at the moment.It must be super to practically have the beach at your doorstep. I'm glad you enjoyed going to the movie the other night. Wasn't Jenny Agutter in the first series of Call the Midwife ? I loved that show when it was on TV. Fancy having a jellyfish swim towards you. I'm glad you were able to get out of its way. Those things can give a nasty sting. It must have been beautiful to see, however.

Well ladies, I'm off to take the cats out now, if the wild birds have finished eating on the lawn.

Have a really good Monday, Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
15-08-2022, 08:00 PM   #2

Re: Monday daily.

Evening Dinky and Shelley,

I hope your sister is ok and doesn't take too badly with covid. Glad your niece is still testing negative. Please pass on my good luck wishes to janna, she wont need it, she will do brilliant but as you say, the exposure to the interview is the main thing but i love her determination and positivity!! Your roofer sounds like a bit of a nightmare!! I hope he can fit you in!

Shelley, how are you enjoying the caravan? Did you have the thunder and lightening last night?

We have passed our home check!! The rescue were struggling to get someone to do it so she just asked me to take a video of the house and garden which i did and she had no issues Instead of waiting until the 27th, my plans have changed and we are now going to pick Robyn up!! We will stop in at the pet shop on the way home and buy her everything she needs, good excuse just to buy her new things!!

We bought loads of things for the house yesterday, my living room looks amazing! Spent a wee bit of money on it yesterday just to add colour and modernise it a little but and it looks so good!! We also bought bags of stones for the garden to cover up the gaps in the stones and the weed preventing sheets (which dont work!!) I am still quite stuffy and congested but i will be fine.

We had horrible weather here yesterday later on. Thunder and lightening started about 730pm and we sat outside as there was no rain. Mia wasnt too sure about it but we just kept trying to reassure her. It was still light so the lightening wasnt too obvious. It settled down then about 230am it was really loud and bright which scared Mia so we were downstairs with her until about 330am when i went back up stairs and Steven stayed down and slept with them in the living room. Shattered today but early night tonight if i can actually sleep!

Have a lovely evening ladies