Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
12-08-2022, 06:38 AM   #1

Friday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Friday 5pm here after another day with no rain, but it wasn't exactly hot. Last night the temperature went down to -8 and I was frozen, even with two hot water bottles. Today our temperature got to 9 degrees, but it's starting to cool off now. My poor cats hate the cold weather and don't want to go outside anymore.

Janna and i went down to the supermarket and did loads of shopping for my sister, but couldn't get everything she wanted unfortunately. I may have to try again somewhere else tomorrow. Mary, my sister, still feels OK, but Becca is coughing a lot and poor Peter can't even lift his head off the pillow.. This afternoon, I rewrote this stupid essay of mine. I'm a bit happier with it now, but it's not as good as some of my other ones. I seem to find it so hard to concentrate on it. Anyway I'll send it online tonight and see what the college thinks of it.

it was the cats("kittens") birthday today. They were all born this morning at the vets. Poor Dickens didn't make it to his birthday, but I told him Happy Birthday anyway. They're 9 today. Gosh, it doesn't seem that long since they were born and I was telling Janna that we were NOT going to keep them. That was a laugh !!! I can still remember bringing them home from the vet's and poor Miracle being so very ill and the long days and nights of hand rearing 3 kittens from birth. Never again will I do that - it was exhausting. Of course I knew that once we started hand rearing them, I'd never be able to give them away. That proved to be true, even though they all had lovely homes lined up to go to. BUT we love them too, and I certainly can't imagine life without them.

Chicken steaks for tea tonight with veges and we bought a fairy bread duffin for the cats birthday party tonight. I'm going to put a candle on it and sing Happy Birthday to them ,but Janna and I will have half each of the duffin for supper.

PAMELA I'm so pleased that you are now feeling a lot better. and able to get a good night's sleep. That's always a bonus. The bike run to Callendar sounds super and eating chips and watching the wildlife must have been heavenly., especially as the weather has been so nice. It must have been just what you needed. One more day to go - I'm keeping everything crossed for you on Saturday. I'm sure it will go perfectly.

SHELLEY, another one with lovely weather. You are so lucky. to be near the beach.,I've never been snorkeling but it must have been really refreshing in the heat. How amazing to see the wee crabs. Did you enjoy Return of the Railway Children last night ? I think I've got a book somewhere called The Railway Children ,but not sure if it's related to your movie . I'm guessing the pups don't like the hot weather too much, but at least they can stay cool in the van with the windows down. It's a shame they don't like the water, but then some dogs don't. It would be too hot for their feet on the sand anyway.Wow, your book is now finished. What an achievement. Proof reading should be fun. What are you going to write next ?

Well ladies, Janna is going to see if the cats will go out now, and I'm going to put the chicken steaks into the oven and put on the veges. Looking forward to my duffin tonight.

Have a wonderful Friday ladies.