Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
11-08-2022, 05:53 AM   #1

Thursday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Thursday 4pm here and the sun is sort of shining weakly. Raining this morning though and still very cold. I haven't been doing much, except writing my essay. I spent most of the day on it yesterday and last night when I read my draft over, I wasn't happy with it at all, so today, I've been changing it round and trying to find other Bible verses to back up my argument. It's finished now, but I still don't think it's very good. Don't think I'll ever be completely satisfied with it though. I'm just going to send it in anyway. I think I'm just being super critical.

The roofer is meant to be coming round next week to give me a written report for my insurance claim. I don't know the day or time yet as he doesn't make appointments ! I'm hoping that it's a guttering problem, (which would be an easy fix) rather than a roofing problem. Once the report is in, my insurance company will do the repairs behind the lounge wall where water has got in. Evidently, they are going to strip every wall in the lounge and repaint the whole room.Seems a waste of time when water is only behind one wall. My poor cats will be terrified.

My BIL is feeling really bad with covid, but so far my sister and niece are testing negative. I have to go out tomorrow and do some shopping for my sister and deliver it to her. They're running short on food and Becca, my niece, is out of her favourite energy drink - what a disaster !!!

PAMELA, sorry you can't get out and enjoy your lovely weather at the moment. I'm glad you decided to ring in sick to work. You're better off to rest. At least you got to watch Chicago Med on TV. Now hopefully you've had a decent sleep last night and are feeling just a wee bit better today. You might be well enough to catch a bit of sun outside, if you're lucky.Not long to go until Saturday now.

SHELLEY, I'm glad you're having some lovely weather, especially now that James and Hannah have arrived. Sounds as if you all had fun on the body boards and in the kayak.Thank goodness Malaika is now OK. Do the pups like the sea, or do they just watch you from the shore ?. Now that you're getting such nice weather, you must be pleased that your new patio furniture arrived so quickly. I bet it's getting a lot of use.

Well ladies, I'm off now to see what we've got for tea. Something quick and easy tonight after we had some rather stodgy rissoles last night

Have a good Thursday ladies and let's hope it's another beautiful day for you weather wise. .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-08-2022, 03:38 PM   #2

Re: Thursday daily.

Hi ladies, 3.30 here and hot, hot, hot.
Been in the sea again today, it was wonderful.
Even managed to snorkel and saw 2 small scurrying crabs.
The dogs don't swim and stay in the van with all windows open.
We are off to the cinema tonight to see return of the railway children.
Pamela, I hope you are feeling better each day, you must be excited about the weekend.
Dinky, hope its just a guttering job that's needed.
Good that you finished your essay.
My book is done, needs more proof reading and sorting into pages and chapters.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
11-08-2022, 10:18 PM   #3

Re: Thursday daily.

Good evening ladies,

Dinky i do hope your BIL feels better soon. I think your essay will be great!! When you read over it yourself, it never feels right but all it takes is for someone else to read it and see how good it is. Fingers crossed the roofer comes at the start of teh week for you!!

Shelley, glad to hear you are getting the nice weather as well. The sea sounds amazing!! Well done snorkelling, its something i really want to do but not brave enough! How was the movie?

Im feeling better again today, slept so much better last night. Logged back on to work today, was a long day though as i was quiet with my work load. One of my friends organised a bike run to a place called Callendar which is lovely. The meet time was 630pm so i decided to get ready after work and go meet them. Was lovely sitting watching the birds/swans/ducks in the pond whilst we sat eating our chips There were so many bikers there tonight. Was lovely to see so many out. Came home about 945pm and we took the dogs out for a short walk as its cooler now.

Heading to bed shortly. Good night ladies, catch you both tomorrow