Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
09-08-2022, 05:14 AM   #1

Tuesday daily.

Good morning ladies.
Tuesday nearly 4pm here and it's been a really cold day with no sun, but thankfully no rain either.I was cold all night in bed and didn't sleep well. Today, I just can't get warm at all despite the heat pump and I'm sitting here clutching a hot water bottle that Janna filled for me. I was going to go out shopping but decided not to. Cats are all cold as well. Thank goodness I didn't get Snoddy shaved at the groomers the other day.

My sister rang this morning to say that Peter,( my BIL )has covid. He hadn't been well for a couple of days but kept testing negative until today. Now she and Rebecca have to isolate for 7 days at home and she's cross because she can't go to work. Peter had his 2nd booster shot last week, so that certainly hasn't helped him.

Janna hasn't heard anything about the hospital job she applied for, but she has managed to get an interview for another job - events presenter at Te Pae Convention Centre in the central city. This would be good for her ,as she would be working as part of a team and full training is given. She has an interview next Tuesday, so we'll see how she goes. She's very nervous.

Fish, kumara and veges for tea tonight, then going to watch Coro Street and then go to bed early. I want to scrub the floor in the cats bedroom tomorrow, so need to be up bright and early for that, then will spend the rest of tomorrow doing my essay for Bible college.

PAMELA, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well at the moment. I hope you were able to get a decent sleep last night and feel just a tad better today. Yes, I agree it's unlike you to take yourself to bed during the day, but it's probably the best place to be when you're unwell. At least you're doing the right thing by not working or going in to the office. I'm sure your team will be able to carry on without you for a few days. If you do manage to work a bit from home today, then please take it easy and log off early so you can rest.. I know you've got a very important weekend coming up and you don't want to be sick then.

SHELLEY, glad your storage unit arrived safely. What a lovely time you must have had on Sunday at Port Logan. I haven't heard of the series 2000 Acres of Sky, but it must have been fun finding the locations. I hope James and Hannah arrived safely yesterday. You'll be looking forward to spending some time with them.Thank goodness Kwame is now OK but poor Malaika -could it be the antibiotics that are upsetting him ? Or has anyone been spraying weeds in your vicinity ? Sometimes ,the spray can cause tummy upsets. Anyway I hope he feels better soon.

Well ladies, have a good Tuesday. Hope the sun shines for you both today, and Pamela, hope there is some improvement with you, and Shelley, hope Malaika's tummy settles down.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2022, 09:49 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday daily.

Hello ladies.
James and Hannah arrived safely Monday and it's lovely to spend time with them.
We did a nice circular walk yesterday then came back and went in the sea.
Took the kayak and body boards.
Both dogs fine now, probably ate something off the floor they shouldnt have.
Malaika back on abs for a week, then another fortnight break.
Pamela, so sorry you are still feeling ill, you take care and hope you are feeling better soon.
Good that you have a good work team.
Dinky, awful that you are so cold, brrrrrr
Hope Janna gets the job she wants most.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
10-08-2022, 03:12 PM   #3

Re: Tuesday daily.

Hi Shelley

Glad your son and Hannah arrived safely. I hope you are getting the same good weather i am up here!! It has been beautiful the last few days. Glad to hear both dogs are now ok. My 2 especially Mia are terrible for picking things up off the ground!!

I ended up calling in sick to work yesterday. I felt awful. Feeling a bit better today but still pretty rubbish. Went to my dads today and came home sooner than normal as i just wanted to sleep but that hasn't happened!! Sitting watching Chicago Med on netflix. Really enjoying it.

Dinky i hope its been warmer for you today. It is really warm here which is nice, just a shame im not feeling great to sit out in it. I hope you enjoyed your dinner the other night as well!!