Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
07-08-2022, 05:38 AM   #1

Sunday daily.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley
Sunday afternoon and it's raining lightly here, although it was OK this morning and I managed to get a bit more washing dry outside. I've finally finished the back conservatory and it's looking good, or rather as good as I can get it with that awful garage carpet on the ground that fur and dirt just sticks to.I had a lot of baby clothes from the children that had been packed away, so I washed them and will iron them tonight and decide what to keep and what to give away to Pregnancy Help. Most have hardly been worn. .

Janna's wee stretch and grows were never worn because she was so prem, that the tiniest size just didn't fit her. I'm sure they'll go to a good home anyway. Unfortunately I've had to put a couple of tattered old cardboard boxes out in the conservatory coz the cats love lying in them and clawing them to pieces. There's also a rather hairy baby buggy out there that Dickens used to love lying in, and I just couldn't vacuum the cat hair off it, so covered it up with a small blanket. I don't think the other cats will ever sleep in it , so I should really clean it up and get rid of it, but I'll just wait until I feel better. I know I'm crazy. Thank goodness i have you both to talk to, Pamela and Shelley. You will never know how important you are to me at this time.

Brenna and Oren came round yesterday and wanted to take me out to Rolleston to stay for a bit, but I said no. I can't leave Janna or the cats and Snoddy always curls up with me at night. Besides, I need to be here if it rains heavily, to put the sheeting down. It takes two of us to position it correctly.

Janna has found a job that she would love to get - it's at the hospital working at sterilizing surgical equipment and returning it back to the wards. Hours aren't so good - Mon-Fri 2pm - 11pm, but she says that she would really love it. She is going to apply for it tonight, but I told her not to be discouraged if she doesn't get it, as lots of people will be in for it. Brenna said yesterday that she could create a job for her at the clinic, but she would have to live out at Rolleston as it's too far out of Christchurch. I think it might be better for Janna to apply for jobs herself anyway - at least that will give her a bit of confidence.

PAMELA, I'm sorry you're not feeling the best at the moment I hope today finds you a bit better. At least you know it's not covid again. Hopefully it's not the flu. Are you able to take a few days off work this week to rest.if you don't feel up to it ? Try and stay warm, stay indoors today and work on those snuffle mats. I hope that yummy Indian takeout last night helped you feel a bit better. Sorry that your sister is a bit odd with you again. I think my cousin is as well. I rang her today and she wasn't very friendly towards me. I guess they'll both come right eventually., eh ? Not long until the 13th now, Pamela. You've just got to be well for that day. !!!

SHELLEY,sorry about the dull old weather. Hopefully it's a bit better today. It sounds as if you had a great time at Portpatrick again watching those rescue displays and the fireworks, but I'm sorry that you didn't win that raffle .That would have been a great finale. ! Golly, that patio furniture certainly arrived quickly. Hopefully the storage box has arrived as well. I'm glad you're enjoying the furniture anyway. Thank goodness that Malaika's gums have improved, but I'm sorry that Kwame isn't the best at the moment. It's always something with animals, isn't it ? Hopefully it's just something in the food line that hasn't agreed with him, and he's a lot better today.

Gosh, it's really raining quite heavily now and it's so cold, so I'll turn the heat pump on. All cats are lying on the lounge chairs, fast asleep. Looks like I'll have to sit on the floor !

Have a great Sunday ladies and Pamela, hope you are feeling a lot better today after a good nights sleep AND Shelley, hope Kwame is happier today. and he starts eating a little something.