Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
03-08-2022, 05:41 AM   #1

Wednesday daily.

Good morning ladies
Wednesday afternoon here and it's been a lovely sunny day, around 17 degrees. Oh, it's so nice to see and feel the sun again. I've got all the doors in the house open and no heat pump on for the first time in ages The roofer who is coming to do the written report for State insurance now has covid and is off work for a bit, so I hope we aren't going to get any more heavy rain in the meantime. It seems every 2nd person in Christchurch now has covid - our city has the highest numbers out of the country. Hope it's a bit better for you in the UK.

I had to wash Freddie, Miracle and Betsey this morning ,as they had a different wet food for tea last night, and it obviously didn't agree with them at all. They have always refused to clean themselves - I don't think they were ever taught to do so, as Miracle shunned them all after they were born. I managed to clean them up a bit, but they were fighting me all the way and poor Janna was trying to hold them in the laundry tub and getting bitten for her trouble. We took them outside to dry out a bit in the sun, but couldn't keep them out long as I hadn't put any sunblock on their ears. I'm definitely going to get them a Brazilian shave in that area from the groomer, as they are just too fluffy around their bottoms. Honestly, the joys of having long haired white cats.

Dickens' memorial stone arrived this afternoon and it is lovely -plain and simple with his name and dates, but just right for him. I'm going to put it in a small patch of raised garden that I have beside the back conservatory, where Dickens used to love to lie at night, but I'm keeping it inside by his ashes for a while., even though it's a bit big for that. I have a number of wooden plaques on a stand for Willow and I change them around once a week, so I'll get Dickens one of those as well ,to remain by his ashes.

Janna has been applying for a couple of jobs over the last few days. This is a huge thing for her, as she has absolutely no confidence at all, and her last job ended in disaster when her boss behaved inappropriately towards her and she eventually had to leave. That really knocked her. However she's applying online for retail work and supermarket work, so we'll see how she goes.It's certainly a huge step forward for her and I'm thrilled.

Chicken drumsticks and veges for tea tonight and they're cooking away nicely in the slow cooker. I might give the cats a bit of the chicken for their tea tonight, as I can't get their normal food. I just don't want to have to wash them again tomorrow.

PAMELA, I bet you enjoyed Glencoe the other day. How's that Robyn Pot doing ? Getting full ,I hope. You must be getting very excited now - not long to go before the meet and greet. I suppose you're busy, too, getting all those snuffle mats ready for your next show. Thank goodness you don't have to make too many. this time. I hope you're getting some decent weather now. It's amazing how a bit of sunlight lifts the spirits, isn't it . ? I also hope that Loonah is continuing to do well and enjoying her new diet.

SHELLEY, glad you're getting some decent weather now. Your day in Portpatrick sounds lovely, especially with the market, carboot sale and the outdoor church service. Lots of luck with that raffle ticket - it would be lovely to win that painting. I never got the essay for my Bible study done the other day, as I had to go back and reread all of Mark's gospel again to refresh my memory. I still haven't finished the reading, but I'll get there. Hope dogs are enjoying themselves too.

Well I'm off to check on tea now, then see what the cats are up to. They're keeping well away from me. ! Can't say I blame them.

Have a great Wednesday ladies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-08-2022, 10:05 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday daily.

Hello Dinky and Pamela.
What a facing having to wash the cats, yes they don't take kindly to water, do they.
I hope Janna finds a lovely job soon, how awful for her to have that happen in her other job.
Pamela, how in Loonah now?
Our weather isn't too bad now is it, we had a lovely woodland and forest walk yesterday.
Not sure yet what we are doing today, I have begun proof reading my book now, well more like a leaflet, lol.
A writer friend of mine has estimated approx 40 pages.