Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
30-07-2022, 06:02 AM   #1

Saturday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Saturday 4pm here and it's RAINING !!! Not too hard at the moment but the forecast is for nasty weather coming. yet again. How I hope they're wrong. I finally managed to contact the roofer that was recommended by the builder but you can't make an appointment with this guy - he's flat out with work at the moment and he'll just come when he can. There's so much flooding still around, and roofers are very busy, so I just have to be patient and pray my carpets don't get soaked again.I cannot have those awful fans back for a third time.

I've spent the day cleaning in the back conservatory again., wiping all the big windows and trying to keep the black mold at bay. This house must be so damp. I'm armed with a big bottle of white vinegar, which is meant to help. I'm going to buy a dehumidifier shortly ,and run it at night during winter. I managed to also get a few more wee matts off Snoddy before he bit me and now I can see a few on Betsey and Freddie, so going to try and cut them off tonight. Snoddy's appointment at the groomers today was cancelled because I thought it was far too cold for him, but I've decided to take Betsey and Freddie to her as well, and get her to thin their fur out a bit - it's far too thick and they hate being groomed. Thank goodness Miracle has shorter fur which doesn't matt like the others.

Chicken steaks in a lemon marinade tonight for tea, along with yams, pumpkin and minted peas. It's all cooking away nicely in the slow cooker.

I might work on my Bible study tonight if there's nothing on TV to watch.I've got an essay to write but am finding it hard to focus on it. I'll see how I feel.

PAMELA, I hope you had a good day off yesterday and got all your housework and gardening done. Robyn sounds absolutely perfect for your household. I bet you can't wait until the 13th August. for the meet and greet. By the sound of things, I'm sure it will go smoothly and you'll have a new family member by the end of the month. How exciting for you both. I can't wait to hear how it goes. Robyn is such a lucky girl to have come across you, Pamela, because you will give her the best home ever, and you know how to handle the breed as well.. I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

SHELLEY, I hope the rain has stopped for you now and you're able to get out and about at last. Nobody wants rain on their holiday.Gosh, that van of yours is going to look really flash with all the new furniture AND you've nearly finished your book. You must be so proud. It must be so rewarding to be nearing completion. Are you going to publish it ? I remember my son, Paddy ,wrote a series of books when he was 9 years old and illustrated them . He was a student at The Correspondence School and he sent the first one to his teacher to be graded. It was about one of our cats at the time - another Colourpoint named Snodgrass - and entitled "Angus McFiskers with long curly whiskers". His teacher showed it to all the other teachers at the school, and said the whole series was good enough to be published. As soon as Paddy heard that, that was it. He refused to send any more. But that was Paddy. !!! I managed to rescue the series before he ripped them up and I've still got them. Paddy would have a fit if he knew I still had them.

Well ladies, I'm off to see if the cats want to go outside. They probably won't go, but need to be given the option.

I hope you both have fantastic Saturday, and let's hope the sun shines for you both today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-07-2022, 08:01 AM   #2

Re: Saturday daily.

Morning Dinky,

sorry to hear it is raining again, i do hope you dont need to have the fans again!! Sounds like you have been busy cleaning. I did a little bit yesterday in the garden but that was about it. i then sat with my feet up and watched Netflix the rest of the day

I hope all goes ok at the groomers and she can help thin out Betsey and Freddie. I am so lucky with my 2 as they are short haired so dont get matted thankfully. Harris would be fine with us doing it as we can clip his nails if needed but would have n hands left with Skye!!

Shelley, how is the weather? It has been raining quite heavy here this morning but according to the forecast it is to dry up from about 0am so i hope that is the same for you.

I am heading upto Glencoe about 2pm today as i cant get into my hut until 3pm so no point going early. Looks like they are already enjoying themselves up there though as some of the girls went up last night. I was in my old team when this was arranged and couldnt get the holiday for both nights and didnt know until Friday last week i was off yesterday.

Sam, my friend is now not going as sadly it is her grans funeral on Monday so she isnt in the right mood which i totally understand so i could take the bike with me but i am going to stick with the car as the car park is gravelly and it is on a big hill which i am not great at parking the bike on!
I have just had an order for 12 large snuffle mats and 7 small and thankfully i have the stock upstairs as i now only have 1 event in August so got loads of over stock. I also got 2 other orders last night for a total of 3 mats so not too bad. I will have to make an extra couple for the 13th August show but probably only about 5 or 6 so thats fine.

All pennies are going into our "Robyn Pot" hahaha

Have a great weekend ladies I hope the weather picks up for all of you