Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
28-07-2022, 06:07 AM   #1

Thursday daily.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley.

Another day with only a light drizzle of rain falling. It's a wee bit heavier now that it's 4.30pm and starting to get dark. The wild birds have just been fed and I can hear them chirping away up in the trees. They'll get another feed shortly. I went out this morning - caught the bus to the big Riccarton shopping mall just to have a look round ,but couldn't see anything I wanted. I was hoping to meet my cousin there, but at the last minute her eldest son, Paul, came round with his partner. They had been living on the West Coast but recently sold up, bought a huge motor home and are now living in a Christchurch motor camp. They plan to do a tour around the South Island in September ,when the weather is better. Paul has always been a bit of a nomad and this life suits him.. For a while, anyway. Not sure how his partner feels about it though. This afternoon, I packed up all Willow's soft toys and put them out in the garage. It's been 2 years now, but I still had to force myself to do it - it was hard . I left in the conservatory, her 4 soft balls, because Miracle picks them up and brings them in to us every night, meowing loudly all the way. She must think she is bringing us treats or gifts or something. This started a few days after I lost Willow and she's just kept on doing it. We always praise her for doing it, so she must think we're so happy with her gifts.

PAMELA, Robyn does sound perfect. I do so hope that the introductions go well and she gets to come home with you. I can see that she already has a place in your heart, and you would be perfect with her and give her the stability she needs. Do let us know when the introduction is going to take place and I'll keep everything crossed that it goes well for all concerned. How exciting for you. Did you finish watching Virgin River yesterday ? I hope you enjoyed it. Last day of work for you today then tomorrow off. You'll be able to enjoy that lovely sunny weather that you having.

SHELLEY,I'm thrilled that you and Pamela both are having lovely weather to enjoy. Did you end up going to Stranraer the other day ?All that new patio furniture that you ordered sounds super too. I take it that it is for your home and not the van. You'll be able to spend a lot of time outside soaking up the sun when it arrives. How is that book about your great aunt going ? I suppose you'll have all your notes with you and plan to write a bit this holiday.

Well ladies, must go and take the cats out on the lawn now, if they'll go. The grass has got a bit wet now, and they hate wet grass. How I miss seeing Dickens streaking across the back lawn.

Have a super Thursday, Pamela and Shelley. and enjoy the sunshine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-07-2022, 09:55 AM   #2

Re: Thursday daily.

Sunshine, what sunshine, its belting down with rain this morning ☔
The patio furniture is for the decking area outside our caravan, we also ordered a new outside storage box and some new curtains for Chris room.
The caravan is about 14 yrs old now and things need replacing.
I am hoping to finish the book whilst here, writing about the asylum years then need to proof read.
How lovely that Miracle brings Willow's toys to you.
Pamela, what are you doing on your day off?
Shame about the flipping weather.