Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-07-2022, 05:39 AM   #1

Wednesday daily.

Good morning ladies,
It's 4pm here and it's NOT raining. In fact ,it hasn't rained all day. Streets are still flooded in parts, but the sun actually came out a bit this afternoon., and it was lovely.A different builder came round this morning and he was a surly devil. Hardly spoke, didn't seem much interested and spent his time measuring the lounge. I had to tell him that water had got in behind the lounge wall and the assessor had told me that the wall would have to be stripped and dried out to avoid any black mold.He said he didn't know why the conservatory was leaking and told me to get a roofer round to have a look, write a report and send it to my insurance company.. He said that if there is anything wrong with the roof, then my insurance won't cover it - they will only cover any damage to the house ie the wall.It's going to cost me $280 for a roofer to come and write a report, but I'm going to have to get it done for my own peace of mind.Gosh, I don't know why I bother paying my insurance company at all.

I spent the afternoon cleaning up a bit more of the back conservatory and guess what ? I found that the carpet out there is damp now too. I give up. I'm not going to worry, as I can't see any leaks in the roof. Water may have come in from the ground, maybe ? I really don't know, and quite frankly, I'm getting sick of the whole thing. My cats are totally freaked out. This builder guy today told me he didn't like cats, I don't even know his name coz he didn't introduce himself at all, but boy, was he sour !!! I do hope he won't be one of the ones who does my wall.

PAMELA,I hope the rain has stopped for you now and there has been no thunder.Are you still thinking of Robyn ? Yes, you would have to find out how she was with cats . That's the problem with rescue Mastiffs - they are normally not good with cats or other small fluffies at all. Funny you haven't heard of kumara - it's a potato substitute , sweeter and less starchy, but can be boiled, roasted etc like a potato. Normally it's a bright orange colour. Almost a cross between a potato and a pumpkin. Maoris used to grow it in NZ before the Europeans arrived.

SHELLEY, I'm glad the sun shone for you yesterday. A bit of warmth always helps to lift the spirits. I hope you enjoyed yourselves at the beach .. Try not to worry about the Specsavers visit. It just came as a shock, I know, but things might not be too bad. Just relax and enjoy your holiday. Worrying never did anyone any good - believe me i know. Yes I did see and enjoyed the mini-series - the Winds of War., which is pretty old, but I've always liked Robert Mitchum ever since I saw him in Ryan's Daughter.(love that movie).

Well ladies, have a great Wednesday and I hope the sun shines for you both today Pamela, hope Loonah is continuing to improve and Shelley, hope Malaika's antibiotics are doing the trick.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-07-2022, 08:31 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday daily.

Morning Dinky,

It is lovely here today again, hoping it stays that way!!

Your man that came to the house sounds like a lovely chap!! (not!!) How can he not like cats??? I do hope you can get to the bottom of what is causing the damp carpets in the house. He doesnt sound very helpful at all!! I do hope the roofer can help out more.

I had a response from the rescue about Robyn. She is perfect in every way including with cats as the rescue has cats. They have made it very difficult for me to walk away!! i was hoping that there would be something from the questions that i asked that would mean we couldn't have her but that isnt the case!! We have decided to arrange a meeting with Robyn and our 2 to see how it goes. If it doesnt go well then we wont take her. Its not fair on ours if that is the case but we need to try. She needs an experienced home that can help her learn and be loved and we feel that could be us if they all get on ok. You know me though, my animals come first and always will in any big decision.

I bought Mia a new harness last night and i am going to use her old one for Robyn if we take her so we dont need to buy a lot of stuff new to start with. I will take her to get a new collar though. I also looked out the leads we have and have a few suitable ones we can use for her. Mia suits her new one. It is red like her collar

I am working today as i have a training course which is taking place over teams and then i finish at 230pm so i am going to watch the last 2 episodes of Virgin River on Netflix as Steven is out at work I am off on Friday though which will be nice.

Shelley glad to hear it is nice for you. I believe the weather is to be lovely for the next few days so you have knocked it off!! Have an amazing time at the caravan. Please try not to worry about your appointment. Dont let it ruin your holiday.

Have a lovely day ladies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-07-2022, 08:42 AM   #3

Re: Wednesday daily.

Hello ladies,
Lovely and sunny, might have a little trip to stranraer today.
Yesterday we ordered some patio furniture for the decking, a ratten look settee, 2 chairs and a coffee table.
Watched some of a Netflix series last night about creepy Jimmy Savile.
Pamela, sounds good re Robyn, especially as you are thinking about harnesses etc, lol.
Let us know when you have the doggy meet.
How exciting.
Dinky, what a horror the builder was, not what you need, wonder if his remit from the insur company is to put people off.
Hope you have more success with a roofer and get to the bottom of the problem.