Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
26-07-2022, 05:10 AM   #1

Tuesday afternoon. and it's raining.

Good morning ladies,
It's 3.30pm here and absolutely pouring with rain.Heavy rain and high winds were forecast for today and tomorrow, and severe weather warnings are now in place. Many roads are closed due to flooding and slips. Luckily, my house is NOT leaking too much - only a few drips now and again - and I've got huge waterproof coverings on the carpets from the local fire brigade. The fans finally went yesterday and I really don't want the carpets to get wet again. The builder will be here at 9am tomorrow morning, so I'm keeping everything crossed until then. Cats are now happy again as the lounge is quiet and are presently all sleeping on the couch and chairs, getting a nice warm breeze from the heat pump. I haven't been out anywhere as it's far too wet, but Janna went down to the local supermarket for some birds bread. My poor wee birds are starving and look so tiny and fragile in this stormy weather. I'm hoping that our power doesn't go off. A lot of Christchurch is without power at the moment due to fallen lines, but we're OK at the moment. If it does go off, then it's fish and chips for tea tonight, if I can persuade Janna to go down and buy them, otherwise it's going to be mince and veges.

PAMELA, I'm glad you enjoyed the fairs at the weekend and sold some mats. It's good that you've got some left for the August fairs AND how nice getting to know your neighbours a bit better and enjoying a meal and a game of pool with them.I do hope the dreaded thunder didn't eventuate and Mia wasn't afraid.AND I bet you're thinking about Robyn a lot. She sounds sweet and your home would be ideal for her, I know. I'm sure Mia and Barney would love to have a little sister as well. Whatever you decide will be the right decision, Pamela.. Just give it some careful thought and talk it over with Steven . I'm glad you didn't rush into anything at the weekend. If Robyn is meant to come and live with you, then it will happen. If not, then I'm sure that she'll find another good home.

SHELLEY, not sure what time it is where you are now, but I'm assuming you are at the van and are settling in . Hope your dad left everything in order for you and you had a good trip to Scotland yesterday. Don't know whether you're experiencing some of Pamela's rain, but let's hope not. I'm sure you'll have good weather for your holiday and really enjoy it.

Well ladies, I'm off now to do a bit of vacuuming. Cats will be going outside soon, but I doubt if they'll get past the back door - they hate the rain.

Have a lovely Tuesday, Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-07-2022, 08:50 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday afternoon. and it's raining.

Hello,
Dinky it's 8.45 am here, dogs breakfasting then we'll hit the beach.
Sun is shining at the moment.
We had a good journey yesterday and did the food shop so we can relax now.
Sadly still feeling not too good emotionally, stupidly worrying about the specsavers visit, I thought I'd dealt with the health anxiety.
I really need to get a grip and be grateful for what I have.
How are you feeling, Dinky?
I do hope the rain stops soon.
Did you get to watch the mini series?
Pamela, I wonder what you will decide re Robyn, how is she with cats?
Glad you sold some mats, it's horrible to set up your stall and not sell.
Like you say, you will have plenty for the next shows.