Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
24-07-2022, 06:38 AM   #1

Sunday early evening.

Good morning ladies.
Sunday late afternoon here and we've had very light ,drizzly rain all day, so can't get any washing dry unfortunately. Heavy rain is forecast from Tuesday onwards, but I'm just hoping it won't be bad enough to cause flooding. The carpets feel dry to me now, so hopefully Jaes will take away these horrible fans and equipment tomorrow when they come back. I can't wait to get rid of them.

I haven't done much all day except cut a few wee matts off Frederick. I tried to watch a DVD but just couldn't hear it, even with the sound turned right up. It's due back at the library in 3 days, so I'll watch it tomorrow if the fans go away. it's a mini series comprising of 7 discs, so I may not get it finished in the remaining 3 days, but I'll try.

I was taking Snoddy to the groomers next Saturday but may cancel as I think we're heading into another storm. I don't want him to catch cold. He just won't let me near him with a comb now, so the groomer is going to have to shave parts of him. Honestly, Snoddy's fur just seems to matt up overnight, it's so fine and he gets incredibly vicious for poor Janna when she tries to hold him so I can remove the matts. Also when he drinks ,he puts his whole head in the bowl (he loves water), and ends up getting all his front wet, which then starts to matt. I'm forever trying to dry him with his towel. I've always owned a colourpoint and I've managed to always keep them beautifully groomed. Gosh, if his breeder could see the state of poor Snoddy now, she'd have 20 thousand fits. !!! Actually, his matts aren't too bad - they are not hurting him at all - but i don't want them to get tight on his skin and start irritating him. I guess they can wait for another month when it might be a bit warmer for him.

PAMELA, I'll send you a photo of Dickens wee memorial stone when I get it.. It will take her around 2 weeks to make, but could be longer as she said in the very cold weather, the concrete takes longer to "cure" (whatever that means). Luckily she lives in Christchurch so I can pick it up. Our mail is practically non- existent as so many people are ill with covid now. Wow, 45 mats made already .You must have been sooooo busy. Give those poor fingers a rest now, for goodness sake. I hope the fair yesterday went well, and todays fair is even better and you sell heaps of mats. I'm so pleased you managed to get your cat litter too. Isn't it awful having fussy cats ? Hope Loonah is continuing to do well.

SHELLEY, well now you're on holiday at last ,and boy, you must be looking forward to getting away tomorrow for a lovely long break. Let's hope that there's something decent for you on TV to watch tonight. Congratulations on your 16th wedding anniversary - I hope you had a fantastic meal to celebrate. Poor Malaika - first her ears and now a gum infection. It's a good thing you picked it up before you went away, Shelley. I'm glad she's now on antibiotics and they are helping her. BTW, I hope you're feeling a bit better in yourself today. I know you're very busy at work, so now you can look forward to a relaxing time away in Scotland with Howard and the pups.Travel safe on Monday, Shelley, and I hope the weather is lovely for your time there (but no heat waves).

Well, off to take the cats outside for a bit, if they'll go. The grass is wet again and it's cold, so they may just sit at the open door, looking out.

Wishing you both a really good Sunday.

PS. Fish, kumara ,veges and white cheese sauce for tea tonight and a raspberry donut for dessert.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-07-2022, 06:51 PM   #2

Re: Sunday early evening.

Evening Dinky,

I do hope your forecast rain doesnt come!! How did you get on cutting out mats on Frederick? Does he let you do it? I hope the groomer can get Snoddy sorted too. What is kumara? I hope you get to finish watching your DVDs

Please take care as well if covid cases are high that you and Janna dont catch it.

The fayres werent great tbh. Yesterdays was more for kids with an inflatable slide. Steven and my neighbours husband came to join us and when we packed up we went in for a couple of games of pool and dinner. Never spent much time with the neighbours so it was actually quite nice.

Todays was ok, sold about 5mats so it means i have a lot for my next 2 shows in August which is fine. I nearly brought home another Brittany today! The show was at a gundog rescue and she is finding it hard to rehome her as she wants someone who understands the breed which i can understand. Was chatting to her about Mia she has told me i can take Robyn if we want her!! Thankfully she didnt bring her out to meet Mia today as Steven drove an hour to come up and see me with the dogs. If they had of met and got on then she would have been home with us!! She is only a year old and needs a firm hand which we can do as we understand what they need. I am still evry tempted to take Mia up to meet her at a later date if she doesnt get a new home!!

It has been really heavy rain since we got home. There is thunder forecast so thankfully we are home with the dogs as Mia is terrified of it!

Shelley have safe journey on Monday, i hope you have a lovely time at the caravan!