Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-07-2022, 06:11 AM   #1

Friday daily..........and it's sunny.

Good morning ladies,
Friday 4.30pm here and it's actually stopped raining. We had a bit of drizzle this morning, then the sun came out, which was lovely. Not exactly warm though, but at least it dried up all the ground and there has been no more water pouring onto my carpets. The Loss Adjuster came round and said the carpets were still wet, so 3 big fans plus a huge dehumidifier have come back. It was so nice without them, but now they're back and the noise is terrible.Jaes Carpets are coming back to check on the carpets tomorrow, and I am praying that they'll take these huge machines away again. You can't watch TV in the lounge as it's impossible to hear anything. Cats are once again terrified and won't come into the lounge. The builder is coming back next Wednesday to replace the section of wall that has water inside it and he'll also look at the joins in the front conservatory.

Miracle is just the same, making a lot of noise when she is breathing, but not all the time. She's totally happy and I'm just going to leave her for a while. It's not bothering her and she's eating like a horse. It might be that she's stressed with all the people that have been coming to the house and the noise of all this equipment. My cats lead very sheltered lives and Miracle is blind, so she might be extra afraid.

I bought a small memorial stone for Dickens today, to put out in the garden where he used to love lying. It's just a small white one with a pink paw print on it (Dick had pink pads) and his name and dates on it. Dickens was not a fancy cat, he never liked a lot of fuss, so I didn't want his picture or a lot of fancy words on it. This little stone will just do nicely. I'll post a tribute to him on Catsey when I feel I can do so as well .............I know he will approve.

PAMELA, what good news about young Loonah. and what a relief for you all. if she can be helped by something so simple as a change of food. At least with a dog, they will normally eat anything (not like a cat ) but it's a shame about no treats. Still, if it makes her better, then it's all worth it. Has the vet told your MIL to elevate her food bowls and feed her from a maze bowl ? She mustn't be allowed to eat too quickly. or lower her head to eat if she is prone to gastric torsion. I was wondering if you were experiencing the extreme heat in the UK. It must have been so hard to work during that. I hope your fur babies, especially Barney and Mia ,were able to keep cool. Thank goodness that you're getting some cooler weather now. Willow couldn't stand the heat, especially when she got older ,but I bought her a Kool Mat, which was the best thing i ever bought. The cats used it too. It really does work. Speaking of cats, I do hope that you were able to get some of your favourite cat litter for the cats. I know what it's like when the stores run out. It sounds as if you had a good day off on Wednesday, watching Virgin River and making those snuffle mats. How many have you got left to make ?

SHELLEY, I hope you and the pups got through the high temperatures OK and are now enjoying some slightly cooler weather for a change.I suppose you're busy catching up on all your work before you leave for Scotland. Are you heading off this weekend or next week ? You must be so ready for it now, after those extremely high temperatures. I honestly don't think I could stand 40 degrees, and I feel so sorry for all the animals in the fields. At least we can cool our pets down and keep them inside ,but the poor sheep and cattle must really feel it if they don't have anywhere to shelter.

Well ladies, I'm getting out of the lounge now, away from all this noise. I'll go and take the cats outside. The grass will have dried out today, so the cats will be happy. Pumpkin soup for tea tonight , so nice and easy.

Have a great Friday ladies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
22-07-2022, 08:38 PM   #2

Re: Friday daily..........and it's sunny.

Evening ladies

Dinky i am so glad it has stopped raining for you now. I really hope the fans are away soon but after they do their job. Fingers crossed the builders can fix any leaks for you to stop your carpets getting ruined.

Glad to hear Miracle is ok. It is worrying when you see a difference in them but hopefully its just the stress and she will settle down. Your memorial stone for Dickens sounds lovely!! I would love to see it!!

Shelley i hope you are ready for your trip to the caravan and that teh weather picks up again for you.

Dinky i have made 45 snuffle mats!! my poor fingers cant take anymore so i have stopped at that! I honestly dont think tomorrow will be busy, summer fayres never are but my one on Sunday should be better then i also have 2 in August so any left over means less to make for them

MIL has been told to elevate food bowls, they were using a slow feeder bowl before Loonah got poorly. She had been using it in the kennels before she took ill.

I didnt find the heat too bad for working, my desk is beside the window so had the smaller windows at the top of it open which was nice. It was sleeping at night which was harder as it was too hot and the fan we have didnt make much difference tbh. I managed to get the cat litter on Wednesday thankfully as Harris has always been fussy. When he was a kitten we were told he was litter trained but he wasnt and wouldnt use a tray. I put compost in it as my logic was he was found wandering outside when he was a baby and thats what he would be used to and as soon as i did that he used it. We gradually got them onto wood pellets and thats been him ever since!!

Have a great weekend ladies