Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
19-07-2022, 05:19 AM   #1

Freezing cold Tuesday.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley.
Tuesday 4pm here and it's been a horribly cold day, windy but no rain until now. However heavy rain for the next few days is forecast - I'm hoping not though. The building assessor came round this morning and he was actually quite pleasant. He said the wall in the lounge is damp, as is the carpet and conservatory, and he will now write to my insurance company He didn't know what the cause of the problem was, though and told me to get a qualified roofer in to check the roof. I'm really no further ahead at this point, and still don't know if State Insurance will accept the claim.Honestly, things are so very slow here.

Christchurch has very high covid numbers - not sure what it's like in the UK, as we never hear - but there's a real surge here and our hospitals are only barely coping.

Janna and I went to the local supermarket this afternoon after Mr not-so -grouchy left 'I'veand managed to get a few things. Cat Temptations are now back in stock so I bought 2 big bags, and the beloved cat litter has arrived, so cats are going to be happy tonight.I'm getting a bit worried about Miracle though. She is 9 now, and she breathes really loudly. Her breathing isn't rapid or anything, just very noisy. She's been doing this for a long time, but just lately it seems to be more pronounced. She's happy enough and is eating well, so I'm just going to keep my eye on her for a bit. She's actually lying sleeping here in the lounge on my chair at the moment. She hates the cold weather.

I'm going to put the waterproof sheets down on the floor if the rain gets heavier later on. At the moment ,it's only light and nothing is leaking. If it gets worse, I've got the sheets handy anyway.

PAMELA, I hope that Loonah is continuing to improve for your MIL. I say a wee prayer for her morning and night. Are you experiencing any of that heat wave that I hear about on TV ? Anything that hot is really TOO hot. No wonder people are dying. I feel sorry for all the poor animals too. I hope all your fur babies are doing well.

SHELLEY, only a short time now and you'll be on holiday I bet you can't wait. I hope you manage to get some decent weather in Scotland, but preferably not a heat wave. Is Chris going as well, or is it just you, Howard and the pups ?

Well I'm off now to do the lunch dishes. Fish for tea tonight, along with kumara and different veges. I feel like some good healthy food for a change. BUT a tin of chocolate biscuits is calling me from the kitchen Can I resist ? I don't think so.

Have a really good Tuesday Pamela and Shelley.