Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
28-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #31

Re: marmaduke very poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I hope Marmaduke is with you for a long time to come and that medication can control his condition to keep him as happy and healthy as possible.
I second that!

I was once advised by a homeopathic vet that a good quality CoEnzyme Q10 is also good for the heart and Chesi has a squirt of it from a capsule on a regular basis. ('Nature's Best' mail/internet order).

Give your gorgeous boy gentle hugs, bless him, I'll be praying for him.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: BSH Silver Tab, Lilac CP, Blue
fancyabrew is Male
28-02-2015, 02:29 PM   #32

he's a little brighter today and his eyes are better. He came out in to the garden with me for a while and enjoyed that.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to get him to eat more!? He is interested in food and will eat but only a few mouthfuls and then stops.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-02-2015, 04:33 PM   #33

glad he is brighter today, it is very stressfull when they aren't eating as they should be.
I found warm chicken to be good for my poorly pets, in fact maybe heating his food slightly will help his appetite. Does he like cat milk ?

Catsey Senior

fancyabrew is Male
28-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #34

yeah that's what the vet suggested. I've tried him with cat milk but he's not that interested ( Its not really the interest in the food that's the problem he does seem to get excited about food (claws at my leg comes over to the bowl, etc) but just doesn't eat much of it!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
28-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #35

Following on from what Shelley mentioned I used to keep Mitzi hydrated and nourished on her bad days with saucers of freshly heated up chicken broth (make it in a batch very easy to make just boil up bones with spring water and freeze little pots of it once cool) mushed up with a high energy pate you get from the vets or mail order, I've forgotten what it's called now..But as Shelley said, warm the food 1st.

As with people, any heart issues can make it hard work at times just to eat and digest food, so anything mushy and warm and nutritious will lessen the strain on his wee body to digest and break down big pieces I would have thought.

Did the vet mention any Vitamin shots, just a thought.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
28-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #36

Would fish oil help or anything that smells strong that you could pour on. If Big Fooze isn't that interested in his food I pour on the juice out of a Felix AGAIL pouch. Some of Big Foozes food can be a bit bland, He's on grain free stuff, chicken mostly. What about cooked ham or a bit of pulled pork. When our Chubbiz was poorly OH boiled chicken drumsticks, pulled all the meat off, mixed it with a bit of rice and then we froze it in the jelly in portions. I hope Marmaduke finds something he likes and improves soon.

Catsey Senior

fancyabrew is Male
01-03-2015, 03:41 PM   #37

we have roast chicken for tea today so we'll try him with some of that. He's been out in the garden again today which he enjoyed.

For those of you who don't know what he looks like here's a few of the big fella.

Last year when he cut his leg open still looks cool even in a bucket!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #38

He is such a handsome dude! When my Merlin was off his food (he had long standing kidney issues) I sometimes used to hand feed raw beef mince which had previously been frozen in small portions. Sometimes he would get through a whole portion like that. Took a long time but I didn't mind as long as I could get food into him. Strong EAT UP vibes being sent to Marmaduke.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
02-03-2015, 12:32 AM   #39

Wow, he is GORGEOUS! So are his two pals. I'd forgotten about mince. I agree with Angie, I used to hand feed Chubbiz raw mince when he was poorly.

Catsey Senior

fancyabrew is Male
02-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #40

going to get some mince today and try that with him tonight