Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
19-08-2022, 05:58 AM   #1

Friday daily.

Good morning ladies. Friday 4pm here and again it's not raining, although it rained through the night. It's relatively warm at the moment so I haven't got the heat pump on, much to the disappointment of the cats who love lying under it. I haven't heard from Brenna since she arrived in Australia, but I know she was doing a presentation at the conference today, depending on whether her voice was holding up . Mary comes out of isolation tomorrow and says she'll wait until Sunday and then hit the shops running. My sister is a shopaholic and has really missed going out. Becca is still not the best though and is very congested. My cousin now seems to have the flu and went to the doctor today and is now on antibiotics. This was the first year that she had the flu injection too. !!!

Janna got the job as Events Presentator at Te Pae Convention Centre in town. She said her interview went well the other day and obviously it did. She's not sure what the job entails, as she applied for a number of jobs at Te Pae, and she was too scared to ask at the interview. She now has to get a police check done, sign and return a contract and fill out various other forms. Unfortunately she doesn't have a driver's license, passport or any other form of ID for the police check, so she will have to get a JP or a solicitor to witness her signature etc. It's a real rigmarole., and she's starting to panic a bit. I just told her we'll do it together, one form at a time, and then she can hand everything in together.She doesn't have to worry about what to wear ,as she's supplied with a uniform. As soon as the interviewer saw her ,she asked her how old she was, and she couldn't believe it. She said that she thought Janna was at primary school.!!! Hopefully she'll look more grown up in a uniform.

PAMELA,I'm sorry you're still stuffed up. I guess that makes sleeping difficult, although you're probably too excited to sleep anyway.. Only one more day and then you'll have your new girl. What a good idea to introduce the dogs again on neutral territory. I'm sure it will all go really well. I wonder if Robyn can sense the excitement in the air too ? That ride you had the other night sounds lovely. You must have a great sense of freedom, riding all alone. Pity it didn't help to unblock your nose though. I hope today passes quickly for you, my friend - you must be longing for tomorrow to come.

SHELLEY, I'm sorry that James and Hannah have now left Scotland. Gosh, their time went so quickly, and of course you'll miss them both. At least you all had a great time while they were there, and that's the main thing. How lucky that Hannah was able to format the book on her laptop and will be able to add the time lines. I know you'll be thrilled with the end result and you have the final copies in your hand. Yes, I am going to mention the neighbours' tree to them. I know they have attempted to make conversation with me, but I'm not a friendly person and I didn't want to get friendly with them .BUT I will make an effort here and let them know that Kerry will be cutting back the branches of the tree, the ones that are blocking my guttering. I guess it's only polite to do that.

Well ladies, I hope you both have a really good Friday. Going to take the cats out now for a bit. if there's no birds out there. Betsey is a terror for the birds. She watches them from the conservatory constantly, and "talks" to them. i think she's imagining one in her mouth. Well, that's NOT going to happen on my watch, young lady !!!

Love to all Catsey cats, dogs and their guardians.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-08-2022, 07:11 PM   #2

Re: Friday daily.

Evening Dinky and Shelley,

Dinky, huge congratulations to Janna on getting the job!! You must be so proud of her!! Thats great that your sister comes out of isolation shortly, she will be looking forward to shopping!! Did you hear from Brenna on how her presentation went? I do hope Betsy behaved herself with the birds!!

We are very excited about tomorrow!! We will need to make sure there is nothing laying about as we have no idea what she will chew/eat/play with!! so want to minimise the risk as much as possible. We are also looking forward to taking her on a spending spree and getting everything she needs and just spoiling her!!

We were sent puppy pictures last night and she was adorable as a pup!! The rescue also told me her DOB. Would you believe she shares her birthday with Steven!! Definitely meant to be!! She was born 8th Jan 2021. i just need to get insurance set up for her now.

Surprisingly as much as i have been stuffy, i am sleeping great but i a tired at bedtime which helps. I have a long weekend now as i am off on Monday as it is mums anniversary. Will be nice to go for a meal with my dad and sister.

Shelley i can imagine you are missing James and Hannah already. At least you have another couple of weeks at the caravan. Are you going to get your book published to go in to book shops?

Have a lovely weekend ladies and i will update when we bring Robyn home