Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
16-09-2008, 11:47 PM   #1

why has he done this?

hiya, sometimes my cat sleeps in the washing basket.

earlyer today i noticed him 'digging' in it, i got him out right away as i thought it looked like he was digging to wee or poo!! there was only a few socks in there at the time & a hot water bottle!!

he went in his loo after.

jsut now i heard a noise.......and i knew where he was so i went over & picked him up out of the ashing basket i had put a top in it earlyer & yes he had weed all over my top & the socks

his litter tray is Huge & very clean and just been done out.

so no idea why he has done this, there was alot of wee so not like a little bit where id think terrtorial marking? his coming up to 5 months, is it time to get him in and have him neutered now?

i have no idea why he has done this he Knows where his tray is he uses it all the time since he was 7 weeks old its in the same place etc.

what do i do and how can i get rid of the smell on my clothes?!!

thanks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-09-2008, 07:29 AM   #2

Re: why has he done this?

Oh dear, it may well be time to book him in for the nut chop

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
17-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #3

I agree its time for the nut-chop-op !

As for the clothes wash them with lots of biological washing powder, should do the trick, sometimes the smell just sticks and they might have to be thrown away.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-09-2008, 01:13 PM   #4

Yes, definite neutering in order LOL!!

Oh, and it could be because you cleaned the litter tray that he's decided to go elsewhere. If you put a little bit of the old litter back in that should help him recognise where it is he really needs to 'go'.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-09-2008, 01:24 PM   #5

I have heard that tomato ketchup takes the stink out from anything contaminated by a skunk, so I'm sure that it would get the smell out of your clothes. What a pity.

Get him done!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
17-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #6

hiya thanks i have soaked them in viniger its meant to get the smell out! i will wash them twice today as well!

i washed all his box out last night i remember that i hadnt washed the actual litter tray and i replace all the litter with new litter so he seemed happier, did try and get in the basket later!! but i put him in his tray and he went to the loo right away!

little flippin sod! was eye-ing up the basket this morning so i put him in his tray........and he went !!!

he was sooo ice to me last night too!! as i was very mad and used his full name lol!! he wouldnt leave me alone after that 'im sorry mummy' face!

bless him little sodlet!