Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #11

Re: Lap Cats

It's just something I was given to understand by a friend who's a "doggy person" - the thing about mutts!

There is a dog called Choccy that belongs to Erin who is just my "type"!

(he he - just read this - the dog, not Erin is just my "type", although Erin is a sweetie too!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #12

meep, I'm with Angie on this: I love your posts about your two and getting acquainted with their quirks...keep them coming! Leia is, unfortunately, not much of a lap cat...when she's in the mood, or has cold feet, and the lap had better not wiggle a bit to adjust itself to 14 pounds of cat or she's off in a flash! But she sleeps with me every night, and is a really enthusiastic head butter; just not a lap cat. I do miss mine who were, Misty, Patches and Dandy.....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
12-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #13

Angie, I'll have to find some pics of Erin's Choccy, sounds like we have the same 'type' of dog-likes

DM, I think Leia and Minsky share the same problem of being quite big cats and not finding a lap big enough! Minsky's not jumped up on my lap since, I think because when I've been sitting he's been wanting me to play with him!

How lovely that you have had lap cats though Did you have Misty, Patches and Dandy altogether?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
12-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #14

Meep Anakin decided to sit on my lap and I was so pleased, this was a few weeks ago now he does it quite often, but he would ALWAYS go and sit on my 5 year old son's lap yet never mine!

I don't mind though, it's lovely to see the bond they have, the adore each other.

Now Angie, a dog hey? There are LOTS of cross breeds in rescue, puppies even. I wouldn't say cross breeds are any less common, just people make up silly names and charge the earth for them these days!

Almost a Veteran Member

12-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #15

Random, that's wondeful news about Anankin! Although I would agree that cats (and dogs), and children always seem to share such a special close bond. I wrote an essay in University on the treatment of animals in relation to children throughout history, and I guess children do often get treated in a different way to adults, which can be more akin to a pet. (for example, being told when dinner time is, told off when they do something wrong, praised when they do something right etc. etc.) They seem to be more on the same level. I know when I was a kid, I adored my cat and he seemed to have a special bond with me. Great to hear that your boy and Anakin get on so well

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
Angie, I'll have to find some pics of Erin's Choccy, sounds like we have the same 'type' of dog-likes

DM, I think Leia and Minsky share the same problem of being quite big cats and not finding a lap big enough! Minsky's not jumped up on my lap since, I think because when I've been sitting he's been wanting me to play with him!

How lovely that you have had lap cats though Did you have Misty, Patches and Dandy altogether?

Yes, I got Patches after Sultan died; she and Misty didn't get along very well, just tolerated one another; then got Dandy, who loved everybody, especially Misty who he decided was his substitute mum. Dandy was very sneaky/passive aggressive about laps. When one of the girls was in mine, he wouldn't try to push her out: got up on my shoulder and slid down very gradually across my chest until he was sitting on the lap cat...who would get annoyed and leap off indignantly, leaving him in smug possession!

Almost a Veteran Member

12-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
[/b] When one of the girls was in mine, he wouldn't try to push her out: got up on my shoulder and slid down very gradually across my chest until he was sitting on the lap cat...who would get annoyed and leap off indignantly, leaving him in smug possession!
That's hilarious! I can just picture it now, great description of him! What a very sneaky and inventive way to get on your lap, I've never heard of one cat completely lying on top of another