Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
16-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #11

Re: Increasingly Vocal Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
I love the fact that you can distinguish all of Denis' meows! I've now worked out one of Minsks; his "I've been for the toilet, please clean it up now!" meow. Charming He meows continually and quite distressed-sounding once he's been for a number 2 and won't stop till I've come through to find him and cleaned him up. Vain creature!
Hopefully I'll work out the rest soon, will make things a bit easier I'm sure!

Thats dead cute very clean boy

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
20-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
Thats dead cute very clean boy
It is cute but also a total pain, as to be quite frank, I'd rather wait an hour to two to scoop his poop than tackle it whilst it's fresh But Minsky's meows sometimes make it hard to concentrate on anything else!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
20-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #13

How sweet. I love the fact you can differentiate between what they all want.

Alfie is quite a quiet boy. I can't hear him purr which is a first for me. You have to put a finger against his throat to feel him purr. Then he gets so loved up with you he driblles!! All my other cats have had purrs you could hear quite easily. Misty, my last cat you could hear from another room.

We made the mistake of buying some cat treats for alfie and put the box behind a photo frame in the living room. How long do you think it took for him to realise that if he sits right in front of the TV, meows as if he's being murdered and looks pathetically at the photo (which, of course, is of him) he gets a treat pdq!! He asks to get in and out of doors with the same cry - guaranteed the attention unless we bought earplugs.
CM

Almost a Veteran Member

20-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
We made the mistake of buying some cat treats for alfie and put the box behind a photo frame in the living room. How long do you think it took for him to realise that if he sits right in front of the TV, meows as if he's being murdered and looks pathetically at the photo (which, of course, is of him) he gets a treat pdq!! He asks to get in and out of doors with the same cry - guaranteed the attention unless we bought earplugs.

That is simply adorable!! What a cute wee picture you've painted of him, and I love the fact the treats are behind a picture of him

Minsky is much the same with purring, you can rarely hear him and generally have to touch him to feel his purr vibrating. There was only one day I've come home and he was purring like a motor! Very loud and persistent, it was so sweet; but haven't heard it since

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #15

Leia has a very quiet purr also; you can barely hear it. My Dandy purred very loudly for such a small cat; people could hear him on the phone when he was on my lap!

Almost a Veteran Member

21-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #16

I am now quite a grumpy bunny this morning due to be woken up again; Darcy has abondoned the scratching at the door idea, and just bombarded us with affection on the bed. Very cute, but not at 6am *grr*

Really need to invest in one of these automatic feeders. I couldn't use the water pistol on him when he's being affectionate with us in bed! But it's just that the 'affection' includes walking on top of us, eating our hair, and sniifing into our ears (very tickly, but guaranteed to wake us up!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #17

So sorry you're feeling (understandably) grumpy this morning meep! It's so hard to be cross with them when they have such winning ways! But you do need your sleep.

Catsey Veteran

21-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #18

poor you - happy cat!!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

21-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
poor you - happy cat!!!!
Exactly!

I'm feeling a bit more awake now, at 2pm after my fourth cup of tea of the day

I am a huge softie, and even in my sleepy stupour, still gave Darcy a good head scratch when he climbed onto my chest, and cooed at him as he purred. And I couldn't help but laugh out loud when he put his little, whiskered kitty nose actually in my ear and continued to purr (I'm not sure if he's intelligent enough to have worked out it was my ear and it was sure to wake me up!)

I then laughed even more when he moved onto my OH and began to eat his hair at the root (he's never done it to him before), only to be swiftly knocked off the bed by a less tolerant and extrememly tired OH. He just jumped back on the bed straight after and cuddled up beside me.

I do find it hard to discipline them, and I can't imagine actually telling them off when they jump on the bed purring like that. I guess just repeatedly pushing them off and ignoring them is all I can do.

I was also woken up around 6.30 (after dozing off again) to Minsky's very loud meows infomring us he'd used his litter tray and would like it cleaned please - these are two very pampered puss' I tell you! (And, no, I didn't actually get up to clean his litter tray; I could just tell by his meow what was up, and my suspcions were confimed when I did finally get up for breakfast).

Catsey Veteran

21-08-2008, 11:09 PM   #20

Aren't they adorable. I've come to bed with the laptop and a hot chocolate. Alfie is lying in the space between the laptop and my chest, kneading away and touching my hands with his paws. He is assisting me to drink by rubbing his head against the mug every time I try to have a drink.

Do I push him away - not a chance, and we wonder why they think they rule the roost??

CM