Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
23-05-2014, 08:40 AM   #1

sunny Friday

Morning everyone. It's lovely here at the moment. Been out for our walk this morning and it was lovely.

Long weekend too due to the bank holiday and got a busy 1 planned!!

Hope everyone has a lovely day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-05-2014, 10:51 AM   #2

Re: sunny Friday

Oh yes its bank holiday isn't it I forgot it is still overcast here looks like more heavy rain to come.

Going to do nothing much today to be honest, with all this rain I do not even need to water the baskets.

So what has anyone with a "life" got planned for this weekend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #3

Morning Pamela and Kazz and those who pop along later. It's blowing a hoolie here, rain overnight and more to come by the looks of it. I've watered the seedlings in the greenhouse but everything else is being watered regularly by the angels. My gardening man is here atm - weeds growing rapidly. I have a patch where my poor acer was taken out last autumn and so I am planning what to put in the space .......... a small tree but probably this autumn, in the meantime I am planning to put in some late flowering plants like crocosmia and Japanese anenemones (sp?).

Otherwise, as it's so gloomy and cold, I am going large in the Scriptorium today ...... big nib size to try and get my italic hand better in preparation for a new project.

Have a good day all. I'm glad that you have sunshine Pamela ......... I don't envy you a bit

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #4

Sunny one minute and cloudy the next here! I've got some washing out but am ready to dash out and grab it if needed.
I'm off to Sheffield tomorrow- it is 50 years since the university started offering Prehistory and Archaeology as a course (which I studied but not quite 50 years ago) so they are having a 50 year party (not that archaeologists need much of an excuse for a party). I'll be staying with my best friend and hopefully seeing people I haven't seen for years! If the weather is good on Sunday I may come home via a short walk in the Peak District.
OH will stay at home to look after the felines and inject Smudge etc. so I'd better look for a present for him while I'm there.
Hope work is OK Pamela-enjoy your weekend. Hi kazz, enjoy doing nothing much! Sometimes it's good to do just that - hope you are feeling OK.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #5

Hi CS I hope you enjoy your party. Don't forget to leave something memorable for the archaeologists to find in another 50 years ............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #6

Sorry Angie, missed you or we posted at the same time!
Hope you enjoy the scriptorum

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-05-2014, 01:09 PM   #7

Good afternoon! Well, my tender writing is complete, document is PDF'd all I need to do is send it off now.

Recital yesterday was lovely - the kids all did brilliantly and I was very proud of my little lad, Flintstones was note-perfect.

Eldest has a triathlon this afternoon (he's the cycling element), after which school finishes for the half term. He's off to a party straight after so OH and I and the little one are off for a lovely dinner in Mike Robinson's pub/restaurant. until it's time to pick him up.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
23-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #8

Got wet twice today, not bad considering it's chucked it down for most of the day. OH at hospital nephrology clinic. They were very quick. Bit of shopping afterwards.

Watching programme about bog bodies at the mo. Incredibly well preserved, can make out fingernails and bits of jewellery. They have all been killed apparently, they are trying to find out why.

Hope all is well with everyone today. Waiting for weather to get better then a trip to the beach is in the offing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #9

I watched something about bog bodies the other day however I cannot recall what exactly "my head not out of the fog then"
Is anyone watching "the Vikings"